#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Do you want me to tell you what he is going to say or what he really believes?

i think i already know, but i want to see how it juxtaposes against reality

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

Do you want me to tell you what he is going to say or what he really believes?

I've responded and copied it off...go ahead.  Say what you feel I really believe. 

#18 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm not going to do you the pleasure so that you can go all "omg not even close... I totally don't really believe that!" act.

I think you've either lied to yourself so long that you believe it, or you basically really just don't know how closeted or deep seeded your racial fears/biases are.

That, or you truly are nothing more than a party line towing parrot.

And, don't even begin to try singling me out as the only person pointing this out, either... because pretty much everyone here sees it.

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm not going to do you the pleasure so that you can go all "omg not even close... I totally don't really believe that!" act.

I think you've either lied to yourself so long that you believe it, or you basically really just don't know how closeted or deep seeded your racial fears/biases are.

That, or you truly are nothing more than a party line towing parrot.

And, don't even begin to try singling me out as the only person pointing this out, either... because pretty much everyone here sees it.

Idiot...either you do not see a problem with a high rate of single parent homes...or you do.  You and others make situations like this about me.  Are you now arguing the study's wrong?  Nah.  Are you arguing the benefits of a single parent home?  No.  Are you arguing what's caused this in the first place or what would be a solution to what's already been deemed by most intelligent folks as a problem?  Of course not.  Just go.

PhillyB, on 11 Jun 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

what do you think are its root causes, and its solution?

I think the root causes are 1)  peer pressure and what's seen as cool and glorified in pop culture for that generation / alcohol and drug impact as well, 2) vicious cycle of what they know...no parent in the household for them...why do they need to be there for theirs.  Probably the biggest factors. 

Solution?

Force mothers to name the fathers on birth certificates.  Deadbeat dads must be held accountable.  Only way out is if the mother allows emancipation from the child and judge OKs.  If they fail to name the father, be subjected to a fine or choose to have free depo shots or other newer long term birth control. 

http://www.webmd.com...mplants-patches.

If rape is said to be the cause, then prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. 

Stop all tax credits for children > 2 in number for everyone...period.  Stop all government subsidization at 2 children in number.

Fathers that show up on more than two birth certificates and do not show any semblance of care for the kids through time or money, have their wages garnished and/or all government aid garnished.

Other ideas too....

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Oh, nobody here doubts you're pro-forced birth control or financial penalty for things in which minorities make up a higher percentile of the population of...

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I know quite a few single mothers, it's always surprising to me that they don't go after the fathers for child support.

IMO it's a huge problem, but not many people are willing to discuss it or offer ways to "fix" it without others calling them racists.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Oh, nobody here doubts you're pro-forced birth control or financial penalty for things in which minorities make up a higher percentile of the population of...

No one's forced to do anything.  You're subject to loss of benefits.  You're focusing on the racial makeup of a societal problem/issue.  Name an issue you choose NOT to bring race into. 

#23 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

I didn't bring race into this thread. You did by starting it. It is another one of your typical threads that you only start because of a racial disparity.

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

G5, do you think poverty has anything to do with it?

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

I didn't bring race into this thread. You did by starting it. It is another one of your typical threads that you only start because of a racial disparity.

So because I posted a story about the high % of single parent households in Richmond...you're red flag goes off.  Zod's Cosby thread accepted though. 

Ignorance is bliss.

#26 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I don't think I even read or posted in the Cosby thread. Stop deflecting.

SZ(I think?)'s reference to JAQing off pretty much sums up your views on the issue so far...

"Hey guys! Look at the inordinate amount of single parent households in Richmond! Wow 60%! But, look at the African American number! Herpa Derp! Better call Maury!"

follow up posts - "aww c'mon let's all JAQ off and come up with solutions that place further institutionalized strain on evidenced single parent households!"

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

G5, do you think poverty has anything to do with it?

Sure, but sometimes that's just a cop out.  A ton of funding goes to education initiatives even in very prominent left/blue areas and results are the same if not worse well.  Even more emphasis has to be put on providing options for the poor in terms of both benefit enhancement and an incentive to use birth control.  I'm for birth control.  I'm not for forcing it...but I am for reducing one's benefit for poor choices. 

#28 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

poor choices or institutionalized societal structure?

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Sure, but sometimes that's just a cop out.  A ton of funding goes to education initiatives even in very prominent left/blue areas and results are the same if not worse well.  Even more emphasis has to be put on providing options for the poor in terms of both benefit enhancement and an incentive to use birth control.  I'm for birth control.  I'm not for forcing it...but I am for reducing one's benefit for poor choices. 

i would argue it is the driving force behind these problems, and causes self-perpetuating cycles of destructive behavior. in sociological circles the term for it is a "culture of poverty." 

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

I don't think I even read or posted in the Cosby thread. Stop deflecting.

SZ(I think?)'s reference to JAQing off pretty much sums up your views on the issue so far...

"Hey guys! Look at the inordinate amount of single parent households in Richmond! Wow 60%! But, look at the African American number! Herpa Derp! Better call Maury!"

follow up posts - "aww c'mon let's all JAQ off and come up with solutions that place further institutionalized strain on evidenced single parent households!"

60% is bad....so doesn't 80%+ seem a lot worse?  As far as Maury, does he limit himself to only doing baby daddy segments to one race?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.