66 replies to this topic

#31 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

60% is bad....so doesn't 80%+ seem a lot worse?  As far as Maury, does he limit himself to only doing baby daddy segments to one race?

It IS worse, but the difference in you and I is that you don't really care about the "why?" all you care about is how you can fix it to suit your skewed reality.

... and I think you know as well as I that the only baby-daddy segments that get sensationalized are those of African Americans. You've seen the same animated .gifs everyone has. Don't play innocent.

#32 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,409 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

G5 is the only guy who never laughed at the "I can't see out of my hood" scene in Django Unchained...fists clenched throughout the whole movie.

Only eats at Maurice's BBq in Columbia, SC.

#33 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well this thread ruined my dad. Good job G5. I just don't understand how people can have such asinine opinions that are so completely distanced from reality if they aren't stemming from some internal bias. 

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

It IS worse, but the difference in you and I is that you don't really care about the "why?" all you care about is how you can fix it to suit your skewed reality.

... and I think you know as well as I that the only baby-daddy segments that get sensationalized are those of African Americans. You've seen the same animated .gifs everyone has. Don't play innocent.

Actually, Maury has as many Baby Daddy segments with white's as he does african americans.

#35 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

The more serious question is do why does G5 and Mad Hatter know so much about the Maury show?

#36 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

I was folding clothes at the beach during Memorial Day weekend and the beach house we were at only had 5 channels and that was one and someone left it on.  Quite a spectacle. 

#37 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Actually, Maury has as many Baby Daddy segments with white's as he does african americans.

A. I don't care. It's scripted BS just like most "reality" TV, and is intended to coddle to the uneducated populace.

B. I don't recall seeing any animated .gifs made or posted concerning white baby daddy reactions.

C. The term "baby daddy" itself is pretty understood by most people to have been originated by one race.

#38 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Good lord Bronn.....grow up.

Even with Maury, it's a farking race issue with you.

Nothing can be brought up around you without that being the angle in which you approach the subject.

#39 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,852 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

still waiting for G5's reply to this

i would argue [poverty] is the driving force behind these problems, and causes self-perpetuating cycles of destructive behavior. in sociological circles the term for it is a "culture of poverty." 

#40 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

still waiting for G5's reply to this

Pretty sure I intimated at that when I suggested it was a generational thing with regard to what the person grew up knowing.  That could be poverty in this situation or simply the lack of two parents.  Statistically they are one in the same.

The solution isn't simply an awareness of a problem, but what can/should be done to remedy it. 

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,852 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Pretty sure I intimated at that when I suggested it was a generational thing with regard to what the person grew up knowing.  That could be poverty in this situation or simply the lack of two parents.  Statistically they are one in the same.

The solution isn't simply an awareness of a problem, but what can/should be done to remedy it. 

i don't think that's really addressing it, it's dismissing it in favor of simple, inaccurate commentary that fits the boostraps framework through which you seem to think, as though we live in a vacuum and there are no contributing factors that complicate it.

carry on

#42 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Oh good, it's been weeks since we've had " It's not about race! I just want to know what's wrong with black people." thread.

#43 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

Oh good, it's been weeks since we've had " It's not about race! I just want to know what's wrong with black culture." thread.

fixd

#44 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

i don't think that's really addressing it, it's dismissing it in favor of simple, inaccurate commentary that fits the boostraps framework through which you seem to think, as though we live in a vacuum and there are no contributing factors that complicate it.

carry on

Philly I admire your quest to find the "bigger picture " factors that contribute to why "they are."

I just think it is lost and not worth the quest for some....

Someone had to vote for David Duke at one time.

#45 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

David Duke...really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com