66 replies to this topic

#61 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Welp, first off I do love an audience for sure.  However, I could give a poo about anonymity of the internet.  If you want to come share a bourbon and sit on my front porch while having the same conversation we can work something out.

If there is a voting block that is being excessively benefited by the government it is not our poor.  The bottom 20% in terms of, wealth receive only 2.8% of our total government tax expenditure,  The top 20% receive 66% of total government tax expenditure.

The top 1% receives 23.9% of total tax expenditure benefits, more than 8 times that of the bottom 20%

Only 9% of people receiving entitlements are non-working poor.  91% goes to elderly, veterans, disabled, or working poor.

Out of entitlement spending in general, the poor only receive 32% of total expenditures.  the middle class receives 58% of entitlement expenditures.

So point being, if they are trying to buy the poor's vote they are doing a pretty terrible job of it.

If your concern is excess spending you are targeting the wrong group.  You should be demagoguing the middle class, not the poor.

If the Democrats are trying to buy votes through entitlements why did the middle class which received 58% of entitlement money vote overwhelmingly for Mitt Romney by double digits?

It isn't a left wing thing, conservative pundits just make this stuff up in their heads so you can continue to blame people who are not to blame for the budgetary struggles of our government and all that is wrong with our society. 

Once you step outside the bubble you realize that the poor are not the budgets problem and is not society's problem.

Not sure where or why all the percentages about who is getting money comes from.
You might be confusing me with someone else. I did not say the poor were getting the lions share of wasted money or anything like that. I am saying that the African American community is being played like a fiddle, however much money is being used to do it is not what I am concerned with. Their devotion to a group of politicians who could give a rats ass about them is my concern.

They are not the only ones being played either.

#62 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

I don't know the solution, I'm still exploring the question. however it is asinine to pretend that cyclical poverty does not beget itself, and that only two generations ago it was a national policy to institutionally oppress blacks. so if by "generation after generation" you mean "why can't those darn blacks straighten their poo in 50 years following hundreds of years of prior oppression in a system statistically stacked against them socially and economically" then you are a farking idiot. i'm hoping you just don't grasp the nature of economic flow through generations complicated by other social factors.

frankly I think that complexity is the biggest barrier in dialogue on the issue. I never remember even considering it during my days as a hardcore conservative, and now I recognize it as the most important factor in the discussion. without it you just get white people bitching about minority scholarships and other travesties to social progress.

Again with the white guilt crap and insistence of bringing up race....who cares.

Treat people like adults and not as if they are some lower form of human that needs coddling and examination in a fish tank.  Human nature alone dictates that some will have and some will have not.  How many civilizations do we need to understand this.  How this conversation has gone from what's deemed by most as being a negative impact on society (unwed mothers/single parent households/no father figure) to a quest to battle something that probably will never be solved...poverty.  If that even exists relatively speaking within the US. 

#63 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,291 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Again with the white guilt crap and insistence of bringing up race....who cares.

Treat people like adults and not as if they are some lower form of human that needs coddling and examination in a fish tank. Human nature alone dictates that some will have and some will have not. How many civilizations do we need to understand this. How this conversation has gone from what's deemed by most as being a negative impact on society (unwed mothers/single parent households/no father figure) to a quest to battle something that probably will never be solved...poverty. If that even exists relatively speaking within the US.

so I can't bring up racial identity as a historical agent in economics and civics but you can bring it up "because bad culture"?

you've blown your load you're done

#64 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

G5 would never vote for Duke

since he's a not so closeted homosexual

#65 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Not sure where or why all the percentages about who is getting money comes from.
You might be confusing me with someone else. I did not say the poor were getting the lions share of wasted money or anything like that. I am saying that the African American community is being played like a fiddle, however much money is being used to do it is not what I am concerned with. Their devotion to a group of politicians who could give a rats ass about them is my concern.

They are not the only ones being played either.

I am sure your heart is in the right place.  But this post is a shining example of why African Americans do not vote for the republican party and is has little to do with entitlements.

I am sure this is not what you meant, but perhaps you can see how that comes across.  you are basically saying that African Americans are either:

A)  Not smart enough to know what is good for them

or

B- They are either too lazy or too greedy to care.

So they should listen more to Republicans who are:

A) almost exclusively white

and

B- who mostly come from or are elected by rural areas with low minority populations.

Can you see how that may come across as condescending from representatives that have little to no knowledge of African American plight?

#66 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Or
C Too trusting to a group who has never come through for them and left them even further behind the rest of America, all the while promishing just the opposite.

You should take off the hat with the bill turned to the left and start looking at not only blacks, but latinos and rural Americans. All of these groups trust the government way more than they should and are in dire straits financially, educationally, etc. and become easy pickings for power hungry, say whatever you need to say, politicians.

The stupid lazy stuff is from you only, not me. I normally do not denegrate people. Politicians, yes, in spades, but not those duped by these pols.

#67 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

so I can't bring up racial identity as a historical agent in economics and civics but you can bring it up "because bad culture"?

you've blown your load you're done

this is how these threads always go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.