Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Agents Next 2 Seasons

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought it was obvious but I'll include the fact that he's a 3rd option on a team with 2 other Hall of Famers, so, yeah, his numbers WILL be down.

It is what it is. He was the only offensive weapon in toronto and took all yhe shots. He was never a superstar in my eyes. If he could d up true PFs i might agree. He soft

Posted · Report post

I'll take Monroe or Cousins in 2014.

PG: Kemba

SG: Wiggins / Parker

SF: MKG / Taylor

PF: Monroe / Biz

C : Alex Len

Still, I don't know if we'd be competitive enough to contend for a Championship. Playoffs, sure. Unless, Kemba improves his passing game with the talents around him, we see a vast improvement from MKG, Len is dominant in the paint, and Wiggins or Parker do live up to the hype I just don't know if we're anything more than the Pacers this year.

Posted · Report post

I'll take Monroe or Cousins in 2014.

PG: Kemba

SG: Wiggins / Parker

SF: MKG / Taylor

PF: Monroe / Biz

C : Alex Len

Still, I don't know if we'd be competitive enough to contend for a Championship. Playoffs, sure. Unless, Kemba improves his passing game with the talents around him, we see a vast improvement from MKG, Len is dominant in the paint, and Wiggins or Parker do live up to the hype I just don't know if we're anything more than the Pacers this year.

Greg Monroe more than likely won't see free agencey as the Pistons will work out an extension with him next season.

Cousins is more realistic, but Sacremento has recently retracted any comments making him available.  I personally think we have a better shot of landing Derrick Williams, but I am not too high on him myself.

And with regards to your Pacers comparison.  They are an organization that we should try to model ourselves after.  If you would be disappointed in ONLY reaching game 7 of the conference finals and expect "Championship or Bust" then you greatly need to temper your expectations for the near future as we have a long road to go.

Posted · Report post

It is what it is. He was the only offensive weapon in toronto and took all yhe shots. He was never a superstar in my eyes. If he could d up true PFs i might agree. He soft

He's definitely soft, but he can also rebound, so that's kind of confusing.  I think he needs to be with a more defensive presence down low.  He'd still be a superstar here since he would take all the shots lol.

Posted · Report post

He's definitely soft, but he can also rebound, so that's kind of confusing. I think he needs to be with a more defensive presence down low. He'd still be a superstar here since he would take all the shots lol.

I cant argue with that. We bad.

Posted · Report post

What do y'all think of Al Jefferson?

Posted · Report post

What do y'all think of Al Jefferson?

After making $15 mil a year last season, I think he is projected to be looking for somewhere in the ball park of a 4 year, $70-$75 mil deal.

That being said, 18-19 pts & 8-9 rebs a game would give our team a huge boost.   I think it could be a good move, but could put us with bad cap space in a few years if he doesn't perform like he has in the past.  I've also always respected Jefferson's

I am more inclined for us to take a risk on Greg Oden if he checks out and passes all physicals with something in the ballpark of 3 yr. $15 mil. where if it didnt' work out, we didn't kill ourselves in future cap room.

Posted · Report post

J.J. HICKSON

Hickson1_zps6bab1d02.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hickson would be nice, we tried to get him last year. I think we might go after him again this year.

Posted · Report post

Hickson would be nice, we tried to get him last year. I think we might go after him again this year.