Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mythical "Real Job".........DA DA DAAAAAAAA!

94 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'll be working across from Mayfair

You moving to ILM?

Posted · Report post

I'll be working across from Mayfair

You moving to ILM?

Posted · Report post

Get a friend to wear matching suits with you to your interview. Tell the receptionist you're here to fuck shit up.

Posted · Report post

You moving to ILM?

For the time being I'm going to commute. In a few months after I've saved some money up I'll probably try to move into the city....if my place will let me out of my lease

Posted · Report post

lol, actually they would probably like my real answer to that question even less, needless to say while it's going to be my first real Job and everything, I'm going for it more so because the work experience would be an awesome resume builder, for the job I really want but I can't tell them any of that.

I'm going to school right now for the Job I really want and taking this job would actually push back my graduation back 1-2 years, but the work experience not to mention the whole actually making some money for once are the main reasons I'm interested in the Job.

my dream job is a bit notorious for being hard to get into so I'm hoping this Job + education would let me get the upper hand and get the job i really want 4-5 years from now.

Yea, complete honesty not a good idea here. Plus, we never know what the future holds.

I am sure you have done a lot of research on the company and the position. Researching interview questions for that position/field is a good idea to have ready answers for at least what is predictable.

Did you say the application was 53 pages???!!!!   Holy shit!!!!  Is this the CIA or something??  (PM the answer)

Good luck to you.

I just landed a pretty sweet sales position with a nice base salary+ commission, this morning. Dude flat out told me I had the job at the end of the interview, and to come in to start in the morning. I was the first interview of the day.  

I'm still going to be running that laser for the headstone company as well. 

Congrats Floppin!!!!

Posted · Report post

Got the scheduling call, interview is Wednesday morning!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Got the scheduling call, interview is Wednesday morning!

Good luck.

Posted · Report post

good luck

and sorry to hijack your thread again....I took the notebook into my interview and the fact I had a couple written questions for them seemed to impress.

not my question is...what's the thoughts about a follow up thank you email?  Keeping in mind this was an internal interview.  Should I still write an email on Monday to thank them for the opportunity and add a couple more points on why they should hire me?

Posted · Report post

Now that is one thing I don't do.  I don't do thank you e-mails.  I feel it has kind of gone away and no one really expects them anymore, minus maybe some really true older timers.  I just make sure to let them know I appreciate their time and their consideration for the opportunity after the interview.  Maybe it's the field I'm in.  I don't think it would hurt anything though but I'm not sure you need to continue to sell yourself on it, maybe just thank them for their time.  I feel the digital age has really lowered the expectations for a thank you letter since people always have hundreds of e-mails waiting to be read anyway and snail mail is just not even considered.  But like I said, I don't think it can hurt anything :)

Posted · Report post

good luck

and sorry to hijack your thread again....I took the notebook into my interview and the fact I had a couple written questions for them seemed to impress.

not my question is...what's the thoughts about a follow up thank you email?  Keeping in mind this was an internal interview.  Should I still write an email on Monday to thank them for the opportunity and add a couple more points on why they should hire me?

Handwritten on a pretty paper with lots of stickers is my MO for those.

Posted · Report post

with a little squirt of my bestest eau d'toilette?

Posted · Report post

And glitter.

2 people like this