Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiger7_88

Stephen A. Smith goes off on Chad Johnson

142 posts in this topic

Meh. She basically just gave him a contempt charge ( they carry a 30 day sentence) and in reality she kept him from actually picking up another charge. She could have opted to keep the original deal in place AND put him in jail for 30 days for contempt. Instead she just altered her original deal.

Its not like he's going to prison. He'll spend those 30 days in county lockup.

when my cousin was sent to county lockup at 17 he was raped. often times jail is worse than prison

So the judge tells Chad to congratulate his attorney. Chad, being a former NFL palyer, slaps him on the butt and tells him good job. The other people laugh for some reason cause they think that's funny somehow, and the judge gets all pissy and rejects the deal because she thinks the people are laughing at her while she's on her power trip. Yea, she has no business being a judge in the first place. Just another power hungry judge with a holier than thou complex.

This

perfect example of what's wrong with the justice system today, you get these idiots who instead of in-forcing the law go out of there way to "teach a lesson" and have power issues.that was pretty ignorant of the judge, imagine it this way,if that case was closed to the public would Chad Johnson be in jail right now..........answer is no,but hey can't be worst then oj smiling and chuckling during his whole murder trial(sarcasm),

Meh. She basically just gave him a contempt charge ( they carry a 30 day sentence) and in reality she kept him from actually picking up another charge. She could have opted to keep the original deal in place AND put him in jail for 30 days for contempt. Instead she just altered her original deal.

Its not like he's going to prison. He'll spend those 30 days in county lockup.

I concede 100% to you on this because I know you're more informed how this works. Just from a distance (maybe ignorantly), just seems like a bit much.

I don't care about BBW.

But I do know that the proper response to an uppity beeyotch is NOT head butting her or slappin' dat beeyotch up.

no woman is worth putting your hands on, and she is far from uppity. he knew what type of woman he was getting invloved with, and the 2 even admitted there relationship was a love/hate type of realtionship. this female is a drama ***** and thrives off drama. he didnt slap her, he is accused of head butting her.

when my cousin was sent to county lockup at 17 he was raped. often times jail is worse than prison

Sorry to hear that about your cousin. But in regards to your statement, its not really correct. Sure some county lockups are awful, Myrtle Beach comes to mind for me. But 99% of the time county is like a country club compared to prison -at least in terms of inmate mentality. Whomever wants to tell you that county is worse than prison doesn't really know what they are talking about. 

And most likely he'll get time served. They'll drop the probation and he'll be done with it all.

And most likely he'll get time served. They'll drop the probation and he'll be done with it all.

This is also mostly likely the case. 

First time I saw the vid and here I was thinking his attorney was a female lol  

85...bottom line.

If it helps, Smitty said he would beat his mom like a drum. :)

Having said that, Chad was unlucky to have the judge he had. I saw a bitch call a judge a nazi and then try to turn and storm out of the courtroom. The judge had the bailiff arrest her. They held her in the jury box area for about an hour and then made her stand up and apologize to the whole courtroom. Afterwards they let her go with no additional charges. She was lucky, and the point stands. You can't do poo like that in court - it's asanine and juvenile. 

i get a sense from the way that the judge had been talking about how good a job his lawyer did that he had to really put in some extra work to try and make chad look good. we all know how little he takes seriously and it's not hard to imagine he wasn't taking this seriously either.

i think that is the crux of the matter. chad doesn't do himself any favors. he doesn't take life or his actions seriously. everything has been a joke and it's not unrealistic at all to think that he had been that way during the case.

i seriously doubt that this was the lone instance of disrespect to the court and not taking this seriously during that trial and it seems that he was lucky to be getting the deal he got and then he had to go and mess it up again and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. he was essentially hanging by a thread and he acted foolish and ended up breaking that thread.

he dug that hole he's in. not that judge...chad did. he got what he had coming. he almost got lucky and got out of it but he pulled a plaxico burress and shot himself in the leg.

btw, it's interesting the criticisms that have been coming towards that judge in this thread. definitely some sexist overtones.

1 person likes this