Photo
- - - - -

Stephen A. Smith goes off on Chad Johnson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#133 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

he's going to jail because he violated his parole. not because of his name. he got a second chance because of his lawyer convincing the judge that he was taking this stuff seriously and HE blew that second chance because he disrespected her courtroom. but yes...he's going to jail because of who he is and what he's done. his name, tho, has nothing to do with it. keep believing that's the case, tho, if it makes your world make sense.

Well when the attorney general of Florida says she overreacted....it pretty much proved my point. Step into a courtroom you'll be surprised what gets 30 days.

#134 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

You say this:

Stephen A Smith thinks he speaks for the black community just because he is black.

And then you say this:

Everybody who saw the video  agreed the judge went overboard.

Do you have any mechanism for self-detection of irony?

#135 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Well when the attorney general of Florida says she overreacted....it pretty much proved my point. Step into a courtroom you'll be surprised what gets 30 days.

1. The AG is *not* this judge's boss.  The AG is a member of the executive branch.

2. The AG does not know the details of this case from the beginning.  The judge does.

3. The AG was not in the courtroom for every minute of this case.  The judge was.

But you keep on fishing for every article that happens to agree with you to justify your position of support for a clown who beats women.

#136 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

idk what the fug was up with her i've been on court duty where murders would smile when the judge announce murder charges, and not get as much as a warning i've also seen teens murmur profanity without warning, it's fact court rooms are different around the world, but where i'm at that crap was a big overreaction i do respect the opinions of others because there court system may differ from the one i'm accustomed to

#137 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

You say this:

And then you say this:

Do you have any mechanism for self-detection of irony?

Don't need any. That's what you're here for.

#138 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

idk what the fug was up with her i've been on court duty where murders would smile when the judge announce murder charges, and not get as much as a warning i've also seen teens murmur profanity without warning, it's fact court rooms are different around the world, but where i'm at that crap was a big overreaction i do respect the opinions of others because there court system may differ from the one i'm accustomed to

If the cameras weren't there it would be just like the courts you're used to.

#139 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

cj out of jail now

http://espn.go.com/n...ologizing-judge

#140 Match.com

Match.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

The kill Kenny!

#141 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

luvubarnes.gif

#142 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

this.

judges don't just uphold the law, they also help shape and create them.

That is a completely INACCURATE statement.

A judge's job is to interpret the law and apply it objectively.  They are not there to shape or create law.....that is the legislative branch's job.

Legislative branch creates the law....the judicial branch applies the law.

I am not a fan of Ocho....and I am a very conservative person who usually believes that throwing the book at someone is often warranted.

However, I still believe the judge stepped out of bounds (no pun intended) on this one.  If a defendant is unruly or out of line in the courtroom, the judge should have him removed or at worse charged with contempt of court.  She was wrong for throwing out an agreed upon plea deal for this.

She allowed her personal feelings and biases to impact her judgement....which is not what judges are supposed to do.

Was what he did stupid?  Yes

Should he have been found in contempt? Yes

Would that contempt have lead to a day or two in jail?  Possibly

But, for her to refuse to accept the deal that was agreed to by the prosecution was NOT appropriate.