141 replies to this topic

#76 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

SaS is totally right, but the judge is still a bitch.

#77 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think the judge went overboard, but Johnson is a grown man and he should have known better.

#78 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think the judge went overboard, but Johnson is a grown man and he should have known better.

she went overboard by giving him the punishment that he should have gotten in the first place?

...and even then she went lenient on the amount of time he had to serve. 

#79 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

So the judge tells Chad to congratulate his attorney. Chad, being a former NFL palyer, slaps him on the butt and tells him good job. The other people laugh for some reason cause they think that's funny somehow, and the judge gets all pissy and rejects the deal because she thinks the people are laughing at her while she's on her power trip. Yea, she has no business being a judge in the first place. Just another power hungry judge with a holier than thou complex.

#80 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

have you not seen BBW?

I don't care about BBW.

But I do know that the proper response to an uppity beeyotch is NOT head butting her or slappin' dat beeyotch up.

#81 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Chad is immature, we all know this...HOWEVER you all know good and well had the court room not laughed she wouldn't have done that.  I think it was a bit of an ego trip and she overreacted.  Chad being a dumbass (and he is) doesn't warrant 30 days in jail. Worry about the people that are committing real crimes and put them in jail.

#82 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have empathy for Chad and violating his probation. poo happens, though admittedly I don't know how he violated. What I don't have is sympathy for what happened in court. That was just flat out stupid. Whether the Judge "overreacted" or not is irrelevant. You can't mock the judge, or the court, in any fashion while in the courtrooms, PERIOD. What he did was stupid and showed a distinct lack of understanding of the severity of the situation. 

#83 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Having said that, Chad was unlucky to have the judge he had. I saw a bitch call a judge a nazi and then try to turn and storm out of the courtroom. The judge had the bailiff arrest her. They held her in the jury box area for about an hour and then made her stand up and apologize to the whole courtroom. Afterwards they let her go with no additional charges. She was lucky, and the point stands. You can't do poo like that in court - it's asanine and juvenile. 

#84 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

she went overboard by giving him the punishment that he should have gotten in the first place?

...and even then she went lenient on the amount of time he had to serve. 

Let me guess. If she had let him walk after that, you would be one of those people screaming injustice?

I am not a fan at all of our U.S. court system, and I make no apologies for it.

#85 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Let me guess. If she had let him walk after that, you would be one of those people screaming injustice?

I am not a fan at all of our U.S. court system, and I make no apologies for it.

Neither am I. I carry contempt of court in my soul. If she had let him walk, or even laughed along with everyone else, I would have no problem with it. It wouldn't have made the act any less stupid however. It's just something that you can't do in that setting. Chad took the risk by being a smartass, and it came back to bite him. I have no sympathy. 

#86 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think the judge was a bit harsh; but he needs a wake up call.

This about sums it up but.... 

Seems a bit coincidental that this "rather attractive" judge who has been rumored to be trying to become the next Judge Milian and get her own TV court show may have taken advantage of this situation a bit.

#87 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

I saw the video of Chad butt slapping his attorney.  It wasn't that serious, and that judge overreacted. That judge is there to interpret the law; not teach people like Chad Johnson how to be humble.

RIght...go ahead and slap your attorneys ass next time you're in court and see whose opinion on that actually matters.

#88 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

This is what one calls an abuse of power. It's sad that we're supposed to have some great system for justice where no one is treated unfairly but a guy gets thrown in jail because he "disrespected" someone. fug that bitch.

Or we could have no plea deals and just hand out 1 year punishments for doing the thing that got him there in the first place.

I bet he is happy with his 30 days.

#89 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I have empathy for Chad and violating his probation. poo happens, though admittedly I don't know how he violated. What I don't have is sympathy for what happened in court. That was just flat out stupid. Whether the Judge "overreacted" or not is irrelevant. You can't mock the judge, or the court, in any fashion while in the courtrooms, PERIOD. What he did was stupid and showed a distinct lack of understanding of the severity of the situation. 

I don't have any sympathy for him at all.  But I think its a waste to put him in jail for what happened after they had already agreed on a deal. I know she was within her rights, but I think it was over the top.

#90 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

I don't have any sympathy for him at all. But I think its a waste to put him in jail for what happened after they had already agreed on a deal. I know she was within her rights, but I think it was over the top.

Meh. She basically just gave him a contempt charge ( they carry a 30 day sentence) and in reality she kept him from actually picking up another charge. She could have opted to keep the original deal in place AND put him in jail for 30 days for contempt. Instead she just altered her original deal.

Its not like he's going to prison. He'll spend those 30 days in county lockup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com