Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Donates $10 Million to Charlotte 49ers!

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You know, I have noticed throughout this entire process of adding football, the 2 fanbases that have given us the most grief are App State and ECU.

I guess these 2 programs have the most to lose with our football program getting started. I understand.

Posted · Report post

Nice. I'm looking forward to more available football to watch in Charlotte. Beats trying to go to Elon for a game

Posted · Report post

i do look forward to tailgating in the Q when I'm not at either Wake or South Carolina games. bonus

Posted · Report post

You're an idiot talking out of their ass. You have absolutley no involvment in this process and have no idea how this is set up to work for UNCC Charlotte. You have not talked to anyone credited in this process, or spent a minute doing any personal investigation into the support or plan for the school and team to make a dumass comment like that, I bet you haven't talked with a single, proud UNCC 2013 football player. I bet you haven't even seen the new field or coach, or planners, or the people who went out and talked to students and helped raise ideas bringing it onto campus. Talking out your ass like a dumbfug.

This team is set up to be a very big one in the future and has a ton of support. Those that bash it are either to fuging dumb to graduate from even UNCC or App homers. I take it by the compleletley baselss comments and ass talking with zero evidence, you are the first of the two.

Lumps, I would suggest checking your spelling before calling someone dumb too...

Posted · Report post

When did they get a football team? Is this still primarily a commuter school?

Yep with admission standards no higher than ECU. maybe that's not a fact, but I don't really care. Fact of the matter is, Jerry asked the taxpayers for a crap ton of money for upgrades, and then he donates 10 mil to UNC Harrisburg.

Posted · Report post

Yep with admission standards no higher than ECU. maybe that's not a fact, but I don't really care. Fact of the matter is, Jerry asked the taxpayers for a crap ton of money for upgrades, and then he donates 10 mil to UNC Harrisburg.

Take solace in the fact that all the idiot Steeler, Giants, Pats, Cowboy, and Redskin fans in the area will be helping to fund our stadium with their tax dollars.

Posted · Report post

In other news, beer prices raised at BofA.

Posted · Report post

Ill just buy from a scalper before the games for $1.00
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Florio brings up interesting point:

The irony in that last part is obvious to anyone in Charlotte who thinks Richardson should be paying for upgrades to the football stadium he owns. The man who doesn’t like to be asked for money asked aggressively and repeatedly for taxpayer funds. Though he didn’t get everything he wanted, Richardson came away with $8.75 for every $1 he donated to get his name on the local college’s stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/richardson-creates-stir-with-10-million-donation/

Posted · Report post

When did they get a football team? Is this still primarily a commuter school?

This fall is our first year. This has been in the works for the last 7 years. 

Most of our students drive to school because the infrastructure around University City sucks for walking, but we have a higher % of students living within a mile of campus than Chapel Hill does. Are they a commuter school?

Our % of students that live on campus is in line with the other major universities in the state.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The Charlotte 49ers will take the field on McColl-Richardson field in Jerry Richardson stadium.

Couldn't be happier.

Combined with his earlier donation in conjunction with Hugh McColl, Jerry has donated approximately $11 million to the university this year.

Jerry approached the school, the school did not approach him.

Can't wait for August 31st!

Love this. I just transferred to UNCC from another 4-year school. It's weird and exciting knowing that I now go to a school with a football team, even if it's just their first year and they very well may not be good at all.