28 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,452 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Let me start by saying I'm a Seth Rogen fan.  I think if you liked Superbad, Knocked Up, and Pineapple Express, you'll love it.  If not, I don't know what to tell you. Its basically the same main cast from Pineapple Express with several cameos.  Michael Cera will probably shock you (he was hilarious)

It's kind of one of those 'stupid funny' movies with somewhat of an underlying religious (but not THAT religious) theme that plays a factor in the end of the movie. Don't let it scare you away, because it's definitely not preachy or anything.  Personally I laughed until I cried. I thought it was really really funny.

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,141 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

My only question. Did Danny McBride bring his A game?

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,452 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

My only question. Did Danny McBride bring his A game?

lmao, yes he did! Imo, he was a part of one of the funniest scenes in the movie

#4 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,849 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

When doesnt Danny Mcbride bring an A game..he could read the newspaper and I would be cracking up.

#5 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Can't wait but I have to. :(

#6 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

I want to see it so bad....even most critics appear to really like it which is odd for this type of movie. Think I will go tomorrow.

#7 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,141 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Yeah Danny mcbride is one of the funniest people on the planet. East bound and down is classic

#8 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,346 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

i've heard mixed reviews on this- although I enjoyed all the previous movies you listed to at least some degree; I will probably wait until it comes out on DVD

I read a fairly interesting article basically saying that This is the End should/could serve as a metaphor for Seth Rogen to move on from these type of movies

#9 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,738 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Just got out of the movie. It started out beyond hilarious, but it seemed to taper off more and more towards the end. Still a really funny, laugh out loud kind of movie.

Wish they would've had the cameos continue on throughout the movie instead of having them all in the first 20 or so minutes and then leaving it at that.

Some of my favorite comedic actors had too small of parts in the movie, not that that's a bad thing that should be changed, but it would've been nice to see more of them. Paul Rudd, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jason Segel, and even Michael Cera, who had a relatively big part, but I like a lot as an actor and probably could've been utilized a bit longer. 

#10 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

its weird, im one of those people that likes pretty much every movie, but this one didn't do it for me. I actually found the internship a lot funnier which is weird because it got way worse reviews. my college won a free screening of "this is the end" in April so i got to see it way earlier which was pretty cool, Seth Rogen and Danny McBride came on campus and signed autographs and stuff as well. I didn't get to see them though :/ the overall movie experience was cool because it was free along with popcorn and drinks, but actually movie was blehhh not bad but definitely not a memorable to me.

#11 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,452 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just got out of the movie. It started out beyond hilarious, but it seemed to taper off more and more towards the end. Still a really funny, laugh out loud kind of movie.

Wish they would've had the cameos continue on throughout the movie instead of having them all in the first 20 or so minutes and then leaving it at that.

Some of my favorite comedic actors had too small of parts in the movie, not that that's a bad thing that should be changed, but it would've been nice to see more of them. Paul Rudd, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jason Segel, and even Michael Cera, who had a relatively big part, but I like a lot as an actor and probably could've been utilized a bit longer. 

Michael Cera was brilliant

#12 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Loved it!  This might be the first thing I liked Michael Cera in since Arrested Dev, nice to see him play a different role for a change.  Danny Mcbride was awesome as usual

Plus, its really 2 movies in one cause you get a sneak peek of Pineapple Express 2

#13 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,938 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I really don't think there will be a PE2, just my take by what they did in the movie...

Great movie and  I don't see comedies in the theater anymore cuz most suck. Only problem I had was the ending...everybody knows there will not be techno dance music in heaven.

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,339 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'll wait to see it on HBO or SHO or something mostly because comedies tend to disappoint me more than other movies. But if there's a religious undertone and someone mentioned techno music? then they were likely in hell, not the other place.

#15 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

I usually don't like movies where it's actors playing themselves but I might eventually watch it since it's getting good reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.