Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top to Bottom

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I give Rivera benefit of the doubt.....Since he started coaching panthers, we have improved every year it may not be significant in W-L but in other areas we have improved drastically ......We are in position to have great year... the DL has been addressed, return of Beason, and competition in secondary. In the offense we bring back key injured players addressed the O-line, brought in WR for competition, going back to more of traditional offense that we where more successful in & plays to the strength of the team. His game mangagement was not the greatest last season but that was a learning experience for both the coaches and the players , i'm pretty sure they want make the same mistake twice knowings whats at stake for them.

Far as schedule strength I love it (coming from the SEC)........ every game is a grind and the competition brings the best out of you. You gotta beat the best to be the best.

You don't finish with a top 10 defense, top 12 offense (where the QB had slump and no real running game) without some good coaching.

As a fan of the team i rather set the goals high than low.

10-6 (minimum)

We also simplified the play calling, which should automatically bring better game management.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

dp

Posted · Report post

I'll be honest and say I stopped reading when you tried to pass of Hangartner as even a viable player.

For as atrocious as he was last season, he was worse the year before. This team can seriously claim it's trying to make a run this year and leave him as the starter.

The secondary is in shambles and the WR corp is paper thin. We still have a little bit of work to do this offseason if we wanna make a run.

All the wishing and hoping and homerness in the world isn't going to fix that drayton florence is our top corner on the depth chart.

Posted · Report post

We'll see..  Like the majority of things I post about.  They are accurate.  

I don't really give a crap whether you like what I had to say or not...    Like I said... When all is said and done...  Barring major injury my opinion will hit closer to the mark then those that disagree.

Hard to argue with this guy when you look at last year's prediction....

DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• photo-1084.gif?_r=1360063707
  • HUDDLER
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,909 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Incredible. I gotta say the Cap Cam and Incredible Beason are my 2 favorites.

Cool write up. I did a take on the Panthers season and came away 13-3 too.

This year all those close losses are going to be close wins.

Go Panthers

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I agree we can jump the gun on making predictions. But last year we really could hav went 13-3, at least 12-4. 7 of 9 games we lost by just 6.....or less. Plus we started off diff (with the read option) than we did the year before. It wasnt totally inconceivable that we could win 12 games last year. This year is less likely. However, I'm hoping for 10-6 or better. But thinking we would be lucky to get 10 wins. But it IS possible.

Posted · Report post

I agree we can jump the gun on making predictions. But last year we really could hav went 13-3, at least 12-4. 7 of 9 games we lost by just 6.....or less. Plus we started off diff (with the read option) than we did the year before. It wasnt totally inconceivable that we could win 12 games last year. This year is less likely. However, I'm hoping for 10-6 or better. But thinking we would be lucky to get 10 wins. But it IS possible.

We could have won them but we didn't. Stupid coaching decisions and a lack of 2nd half adjustments are much to blame IMO. Every team in the NFL can point to a loss and say we could have won if we did such and such. The well coached teams win those games, the out-coached teams lose those games.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Situation dire: Secondary, ST (until they finally prove otherwise)

Situation not good at all: Right side of O line, kicking team, WR's not named Smith

DT is still a concern till the rookies make a difference, which doesn't usually happen.

this is more objective than the OP.

Posted · Report post

I think with more improvement we are gonna end up losing Wilks and Washington soon.

Posted · Report post

We could have won them but we didn't. Stupid coaching decisions and a lack of 2nd half adjustments are much to blame IMO. Every team in the NFL can point to a loss and say we could have won if we did such and such. The well coached teams win those games, the out-coached teams lose those games.

I kno we didnt. I think 13-3 was a bit much for a prediction, but it wasn't impossible. That's all I'm saying. It just seemed like he was saying we put ridiculous predictions up because we were biased. But 12-13 wins won't out of the realm of possibility.

Posted · Report post

True but that comes with experience and little bit of luck........to my knowledge there where no other teams in close situation like panthers in majority of the game...maybe couple but not the amount of games panther where in.

Posted · Report post

We do have a damn good oline. When healthy.

We have improved our receivers.

But we didn't sign an elite FA, and didn't waste a draft pick on a receiver this last draft. So those knucklehead receiver guys will piss and moan.

They do it every year.

We have a young and talented secondary, but until the nay sayers get proven wrong, they will not say anything different.

It's alright. It's their opinions.

They'd rather be negative until proven otherwise.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We also simplified the play calling, which should automatically bring better game management.

Yea that should definitely help .......and from the interview  from the players it feels like they are excited  about Shula and feels like the team is complete on both side of the ball.   

1 person likes this