#46 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

That's one of my biggest gripes about this team throughout it's history- slow starts.

Come out on Week 1 looking to make a statement. We need 53 Greg Hardy's.

always seems like our oline/offense doesn't gel until the second month of the season.

#47 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

people don't have faith in this team because they haven't given much reason for it. they are a losing team until proven otherwise. they have earned every bit of negativity coming their way.

yet it's the off season.

#48 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

yet it's the off season.

not sure why that matters.

#49 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

not sure why that matters.

if I were to listen to you, we shouldn't expect improvement and wins cause we've been let down before.

#50 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

This team could have the best talent in the league, but if they don't figure out how to stop the slow starts that have doomed past seasons, it'll be over before it even starts.

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

if I were to listen to you, we shouldn't expect improvement and wins cause we've been let down before.

you don't have to listen to me.

you make it sound like getting let down is a rare thing. I've just come to expect it because that's what they do.

i expect improvement. i don't expect a winning season because that's not happened but a few times ever and not once since '09. for me to feel good about our chances this year i have to see them come out of the gate winning. until i see that i have no reason to believe that this year will be any different. a slow start with a poo load of excuses. i can't think of a more rational and reasonable way to view it.

i have no problem with people buying the yearly hype and ignoring our past. i have no problem with a homeristic point of view. i just don't buy in to all that anymore. i wish i did but the blinders fell off.

#52 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

When you talk about how good our offense and defense are because they were "top 12" you aren't being objective. Both were ranked 18th in points (you know the most meaningful stat, the one that actually determines wins and losses). Doesn't matter where they ranked in yards, 18th in points along with bad special teams means you aren't a good team.

#53 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Seriously. Some people on here act like we haven't won a playoff game in 8 years.

#54 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Im not ignoring any past.

I certainly don't wear blinders.

Do I have high hopes and expectations. Of course I do. Does that set me up for disappointment should the team not live up to them?

That's part of being a fan.

#55 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

let's face it guys if you don't think you have all pros at every single position well then you're not a real fan turn in your growl towel

#56 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

With Godfrey at the helm in the defensive backfield and Mitchell (IMO) starting we will be good as any at Safety.

Yes because what happens when one of the worst safeties in the league consistently ranked in the bottom tier in his position every single year joins forces with a reject Raider who was rated -5.1 by pff in 2012? One of the best safety tandems in the league, bro

tumblr_m3fbb0PIwW1qhb5jxo1_500.png

#57 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hard to argue with this guy when you look at last year's prediction....

DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• photo-1084.gif?_r=1360063707
  • HUDDLER
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,909 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Incredible. I gotta say the Cap Cam and Incredible Beason are my 2 favorites.

Cool write up. I did a take on the Panthers season and came away 13-3 too.

This year all those close losses are going to be close wins.

Go Panthers

Majority means NOT ALL.  A.H.

#58 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 3,483 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yes because what happens when one of the worst safeties in the league consistently ranked in the bottom tier in his position every single year joins forces with a reject Raider who was rated -5.1 by pff in 2012? One of the best safety tandems in the league, bro

tumblr_m3fbb0PIwW1qhb5jxo1_500.png

Once again, too many of you look at a person as an individual on a team.  Sometimes poor play is because of others weak positions on the team.  Not saying that person isn't a liability but in a different situation they can thrive. 

Mitchell seems to be fitting in quite nicely and IMO he'll do well.

You are so worried about a rating from PFF.   I don't even follow those damn rating just because they focus on an individual. 

Go back and look at our 2003 DBs.  Who where they.  Cousins and Howard and Manning at the Nickel.  Minter and Grant at safety.   We'll have solid play from our DBs.  

I will take Gettleman's opinion of Mitchell over yours.  I highly doubt we brought him in because Gettleman was doing him a favor. 

#59 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

you literally said "we're as good as anybody at safety" when these guys have proven for years they aren't

safety is a disaster waiting to happen as soon as the rush is contained

#60 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

why am i going to go back ten years before the league started molly coddling the receivers and handcuffed defensive backs?

just because it would be convenient for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com