Gordon/Gordon trade idea

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Horrible injury history and his shooting dropped off big time last season. Plus his contract is just stupid. Do not want, I'd much rather wait for BG to expire and move on with the cap room

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

I would do it... here is my reason why

At 6 We could still get Len, a player many are excited and wanting anyway

Here is the main reason... We have never had a top scorer. Eric Gordon is a great scorer in many ways in the league. He has proven himself in the league as a solid 20 pt scorer from all over the court. He is a career 36% shooter from 3pt range. He has great handles and can create his own shot. I think if healthy he could really help this team take a step up and we only drop 2 spots in draft.

If there was any chance of this trade I would have multiple team doctors work Gordon out and clear him. If he passes health test I wouldn't hesitate to make this trade.

A lot of people are saying that Phoenix is very interested in Len, so there is no guarantee that he is there at six.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

I would rather keep our pick, keep Gordon and use some of our cap room to sign J.R. Smith (if we choose to move on from Henderson) rather than trade for Eric Gordon.

Like others have said, Eric is a great player; but if he can't stay healthy then what's the point.

On top of that J.R. Smith is a better all-around player.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would rather keep our pick, keep Gordon and use some of our cap room to sign J.R. Smith (if we choose to move on from Henderson) rather than trade for Eric Gordon.

Like others have said, Eric is a great player; but if he can't stay healthy then what's the point.

On top of that J.R. Smith is a better all-around player.

I just don't think JR would want to come here. He seemed like someone who wants to play with star player like Melo. It would be a great addition if happened.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

I just don't think JR would want to come here. He seemed like someone who wants to play with star player like Melo. It would be a great addition if happened.

I'm under the same impression with Gordon, if he wants out of New Orleans, why would he want to come to Charlotte?

You know what I mean.

Also it's not that I don't like Eric, it's solely base on his injury history.

#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I'm under the same impression with Gordon, if he wants out of New Orleans, why would he want to come to Charlotte?

You know what I mean.

Also it's not that I don't like Eric, it's solely base on his injury history.

The thing is Gordon will be tied up for the next 3 years. He really cant do anything, unless pouch. I'm not sure he'd do that to MJ.

Smith scenario is different that he's a free agent. He get to choose where to play. I'm not sure if Charlotte is on his top 15 teams.

Anyway, I dont see this trade happening.

#17 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'd be willing to do a straight trade Gordon for Gordon. That's about it though. 

#18 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The Yumbo of the Huddle

• LocationColumbia, South Kacky
HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

So do you guys want a top three pick and 20+ million in cap space next season? I do.

I hate that it seems like the one more season to sit back and grow this team may becut short(according to rumors).

The Hornets will make a hugh mistake if they try to blow their wad overpaying for an aged veteran this season.

Only guy I see to getin free agency is a young JJ Hickson is a tough power rebounder inside scorer. I'd hope he would demand less than max money..But reluctantly pass on the Al Jefferson, other Utah guy..

Its like you just paid off a horrible credit card and want to go get a cash advance immediately. You just defeated the whole purpose to suck for two seasons.. Next years draft is the best one since.. Well in a while.

Just stand pat at 4 or trade down or try to get another pick next season...target a young FA shooter like F Chandler Parsons in free agency 2013.

Get your young franchise stud in the draft. Then its packed houses and everyone cheering superHugo on his vault dunk!!

#19 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

ROOKIE

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

J.R. Smith is a terrible idea you wonder which J.R. is going to show up on a nightly basis

Henderson over him all day

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

J.R. Smith is a terrible idea you wonder which J.R. is going to show up on a nightly basis

Henderson over him all day

Yeah.... you're not intelligent...

You clearly watched only a few games of the second round of the playoff's and listen to ESPN way to much.

J.R. Smith was 4th in shooting guard scoring behind only Kobe Bryant, James Harden, and Dwayne Wade... He averaged 18.1 points per game this year including a game where he he dropped 37 on the Bobcats.

I'm guessing you're a new fan who just decided to latch on because we got the Hornets name back and never saw this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users