Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam wants a run game

181 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did you pay any attention to teams other than the Panthers last season. Hint: the good running teams fared pretty well.

the good running teams that had the best offensive lines in football, the QBs who played with very few mistakes, and top of the league defenses?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If we really wanted to run the ball then why have we not signed a rg that can run block? It makes all the difference in the world when you have a line that can run block

Posted · Report post

Did you pay any attention to teams other than the Panthers last season. Hint: the good running teams fared pretty well.

nosuchthingasapanther pretty much beat me to it, but yeah. running well is a symptom of good oline play, which promotes good offensive play in general. not the other way around.

Posted · Report post

i want wins.

I want a creamsicle...

orange%20creamsicle.jpg

wait, what are wishing for?

Posted · Report post

if cam is to live up to his potential, he is going to have to carry that weight.

all the elite QBs do.

the run game should be another weapon for him to use, not something for him to rely on.

Nope, that's a load of crap. The run has always been essential for the development and growth of young QBs. You think Wilson, RG3 and Kaepernick would've had such great seasons last year without the run game?

Posted · Report post

I want a creamsicle...

orange%20creamsicle.jpg

wait, what are wishing for?

a frikkin cool breeze and some clouds. man it's hot outside.

Posted · Report post

If we really wanted to run the ball then why have we not signed a rg that can run block? It makes all the difference in the world when you have a line that can run block

We drafted one.....Kug is a road grader.

Posted · Report post

two of those teams weren't in the top 10 in rushing btw (nor ranked as high as we were)

one of them was bottom five

since it's pretty obvious you didn't research, I'll let you go on NFL's stats page to find out which one it was yourself

A lot of our rushing yards have come from Cam in the last 2 years and a QB running does not open up the passing game.

If those 3 QBs had close to the yardage that Cam had, they would be ranked just fine in rushing.

RBs running open up the passing game, not simply saying "rushing".

Posted · Report post

We drafted one.....Kug is a road grader.

I know but he is a rookie 4th round pick from Podunk University and is riding a bike during OTAs. I will believe it when I see it 

Posted · Report post

A lot of our rushing yards have come from Cam in the last 2 years and a QB running does not open up the passing game.

If those 3 QBs had close to the yardage that Cam had, they would be ranked just fine in rushing.

RBs running open up the passing game, not simply saying "rushing".

this is decades old simple minded fan football logic. yea some concepts still work from time to time like play action, but every superbowl winning team in like the past five years had outstanding oline play so they ended up both passing and running well, and if their oline wasn't good, their QB was playing insanely well. the steelers, saints, packers, giants, and ravens all ascribe to one of those models. they didn't win championships with a run first offense. WE'RE NOT GOING TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A RUN FIRST OFFENSE.

Posted · Report post

Cam has been the leading rusher since being drafted by us, and you're telling me that's a good thing?

He will go down as the greatest runner from the QB spot in NFL history...it isn't as bad of a thing as some paint it.

Cam is a great runner

So then when you split RB rushes between several RB it then keeps all there individual stats down

Posted · Report post

He will go down as the greatest runner from the QB spot in NFL history...it isn't as bad of a thing as some paint it.

Cam is a great runner

So then when you split RB rushes between several RB it then keeps all there individual stats down

It is going to be gun watching you implode this season when Cam is running a fraction of the amount that he has.

We are going to more if a power running game with a play action passing game. It is obvious to everyone who is paying attention

The coaches are taking about it and the players are talking about it.