The David Glenn show

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im starting like this guy more and more for talk radio. Today he was laying it down about ESPN and I have to say, Im now fan of his. He talked about how ESPN doesnt really worry about whether you know what youre talking about. All you have to do is have an extreme opinion and make it loud. As a former writer for ESPN the mag and working for them here and there, he can tell you like it is.

As many bad threads there are about WFailNZ I just wanted say, eh this is what I found and I like it a lot better. When I listen to him I dont ever feel like Im being manipulated for ratings by some douchebag from Chicago.

Show comes on at noon and its on station 730.

#2 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,488 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I like David Glenn as well, but just because he is on WFNZ I wouldn't give them much credit.  Glenn is based out of Raleigh.  The hacks on WFNZ are in Charlotte. 

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,067 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

At least on WFNZ I get some Panther talk. Not much intelligent panther talk, but some. Glen gets all the Raleigh callers which results in Skins, Cowboy, Dolphin, and Steeler talk.

#4 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,527 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Here in Spartanburg we have ESPN. Then 3 guys from 4-7 who talk mostly college stuff. I can live with Van Pelt, but the rest of the day is useless.

#5 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Here in Spartanburg we have ESPN. Then 3 guys from 4-7 who talk mostly college stuff. I can live with Van Pelt, but the rest of the day is useless.

I'm a pretty big fan of Van Pelt and Russillo.  They are both really smart guys and pretty damn funny.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,488 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I never thought I'd say it, but WFNZ was light years better when Mark Packer was there.  "The Drive" is like amateur hour.  I think the guys have good intentions, but it's really inexcusable for those guys to be the "sports talk" leaders for Charlotte.

#7 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

At least on WFNZ I get some Panther talk. Not much intelligent panther talk, but some. Glen gets all the Raleigh callers which results in Skins, Cowboy, Dolphin, and Steeler talk.

I would say the same of WFNZ though. They may focus more on news from Panthers but its not any more informational or entertaining since its just mostly extra garbage from idiots designed to make you angry and call in. Its like being served a white castle burger on a Whopper bun. Sure the sesame seeds look nice, but are they gonna taste right with vanilla coke, SCP!!?!? HuH?

He is still a Panthers hub and a Panthers base but he also gives you more around the league stuff. Stuff thats worth knowing at least. . not what kind of cloths some Liberace wannabe is wearing.

#8 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Glenn is by far the best Sports radio host in NC. Love listening to his show during lunch breaks. Always unbiased and entertaining. He's not Panther's intense but he covers them pretty well.

#9 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,067 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

I would say the same of WFNZ though. They may focus more on news from Panthers but its not any more informational or entertaining since its just mostly extra garbage from idiots designed to make you angry and call in. Its like being served a white castle burger on a Whopper bun. Sure the sesame seeds look nice, but are they gonna taste right with vanilla coke, SCP!!?!? HuH?

He is still a Panthers hub and a Panthers base but he gives also gives you more around the league stuff. Stuff thats worth knowing at least. . not what kind of cloths some Liberace wannabe is wearing.

Yea, other than Garcia and a few other behind the scenes guys, WFNZ talent roots for other teams and know very little about the Panthers.

#10 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I never thought I'd say it, but WFNZ was light years better when Mark Packer was there.  "The Drive" is like amateur hour.  I think the guys have good intentions, but it's really inexcusable for those guys to be the "sports talk" leaders for Charlotte.

pretty easy gig because of what SCP said. If they make it all they do, then people will come listen because the Panthers are kickin ass and if you want to know whats going on. . whos likely going to be talking about it?

I just want to tell you guys, eh David Glenn is talking about them too and there's less bologna on that show.

#11 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,909 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

glenn's show doesn't get really in depth when it comes to the panthers.  but it's unbiased and tends to err on the side of being factual which i can appreciate.

being it's the triangle and all he's on top of his poo when it comes to the ACC and that's mostly what his show is about.

#12 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,527 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm a pretty big fan of Van Pelt and Russillo.  They are both really smart guys and pretty damn funny.

Oh I can listen to them. And I understand they have a 3 hour show. But there is just so much fluff.

#13 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Well, maybe Im noticing that they are pushing for more Panthers news then. . . . 

3c9d4b28b174e73dc3e6104deed61bff.jpeg

#14 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

And that's if he's talking NFL at all.

I swear he talks about college lacrosse more than he talks about the NFL

#15 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Smitty real talking on The Drive is the highlight of WFNZ. I dare not mention the awful show that's on from 10 to noon. Terrible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com