Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The David Glenn show

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, maybe Im noticing that they are pushing for more Panthers news then. . . . 

3c9d4b28b174e73dc3e6104deed61bff.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

At least on WFNZ I get some Panther talk. Not much intelligent panther talk, but some. Glen gets all the Raleigh callers which results in Skins, Cowboy, Dolphin, and Steeler talk.

And that's if he's talking NFL at all.

I swear he talks about college lacrosse more than he talks about the NFL

Posted

Smitty real talking on The Drive is the highlight of WFNZ. I dare not mention the awful show that's on from 10 to noon. Terrible

3 people like this

Posted

Give me Frank Garcia.  Heck, Eric Davis was LIVING in charlotte for a few years after he retired--he would have been great.  The clowns on the drive or whatever they call that time slot are terrible.  I even think they have people call in to compliment them on the air.  Weird.

Posted

Yeah I love any segment where Eric Davis is on. I will listen to anything he has to say, its always good stuff.

Posted

Glenn is probably the most knowledgable/non-suckup sports person on the radio.  VERY college oriented and a treasure trove of information.  Bit boring of a voice to listen to, but you have to understand why you're listening to him.  Adam Gold sucks though...

Posted

I have always liked DG and I agree he is probably the smartest guy in NC on sports radio. My only complaint is that sometimes his arrogance betrays him and he can become annoying and self congratulatory.

Posted

I know it's the cool thing to do by smashing on WFNZ, but I've never got the hate? I'm a true hometown fan, I didn't come from somewhere else, I have zero teams or sports that I follow outside of nc, and I have to listen to something while I'm in the car. My car has a little age on it so Bluetooth pandora is out of the question and I fuggin refuse to listen to today's music. It's all poo. With that said I like all the shows on fnz except Bret Jensen. He's a tool bag. Other than that I enjoy listening to the local stuff. BTW Marc James is also dildos.

1 person likes this

Posted

David glenn is the best local radio show period, end of story.

Pacman was good when he was on but everyone else on wfnz is garbage

Posted

I went down to Columbia, SC for the NCAA baseball regionals and I'm not sure who runs the local sports station down there, but they are the funniest sports personalities I have ever heard in my life.

Posted

David Glenn is consistently great. Sadly, everybody else local is pretty terrible, and I think it will stay that way until smitty retires and hopefully gets a show.

Posted

DG is probably the most knowledgeable guy about ACC sports, as a whole, in the world. Though he seems knowledgeable about the NFL and all the major sports in general, I still prefer to listen to guys with more shtick.  

If you want sports analysis delivered in a dry, no-nonsense, fair-minded and highly analytical approach, then David Glenn is your guy.