• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#31 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Why in god's name would it irk you? Seems like you would be happy that he's finally showing some potential to live up to his billing. 

what a shame it would be for a player who many huddlers dubbed as the worst trade in history actually develope to be a productive player.  isn't it more fun to criticize people who are doing things behind a tiny little box pretty much anonymously?  i'm not holding my breath this actually happens, but i am certainly rooting for him

#32 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,920 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

what a shame it would be for a player who many huddlers dubbed as the worst trade in history actually develope to be a productive player.  isn't it more fun to criticize people who are doing things behind a tiny little box pretty much anonymously?  i'm not holding my breath this actually happens, but i am certainly rooting for him

It's all so vexing.

#33 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

not familiar with the drive. what's the twitter handle?

It's @thedrivenc. It's a popular Charlotte radio show. They're not the greatest but at least they cover our local teams.

#34 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

1. In red-zone work, a great, great catch by Armanti in the endzone from Cam. Got some hollers from players and Cam shot his arms up.

2. It looks like Shula will be getting back to the power running game with the group of backs the Panthers have.

These have been said before, but not to this extent

#35 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why in god's name would it irk you? Seems like you would be happy that he's finally showing some potential to live up to his billing. 

Because he always does this. I hope he can translate it to games but he's always been a practice star

#36 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

1. Clausen overthrows Smitty to end that session. Team moving to special teams work.

2. Clausen completes a nice ball to the right sideline to David Gettis who seemed to get his feet down in time. Nice grab.

3. Nelson Rosario catches a nice ball over the middle from Jimmy Clausen.

4. Kenjon Barner out wide after he went in motion, Cam zips a quick pass to him but he can't hold on. He is a fast one though.

5. Panthers in just helmets today like the other days. Quite hot out here.

6. Armanti Edwards looks great. Catches a ball over a defender while 2 others are around him. 1 tried to take it away, Armanti ripped it back.

8. Just like during OTAs, new GM Dave Gettleman has been at every practice this week.

#37 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Because he always does this. I hope he can translate it to games but he's always been a practice star

not to this extent.

#38 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

not to this extent.

True, don't get me wrong I have wanted him to succeed since we drafted him, but it just hasn't happened. Hopefully this is the year we get our money's worth but I just don't believe it will happen.

#39 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I... can't believe. I am a non-believer.

I'm going to have to see Armanti not be terrible on the field before I even think of changing my mind on his "bust" status. 

#40 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm not an App St fan, Armanti believer, or in favor of the trade that got him here....I am, however, a Panthers fan and want everyone to succeed here.  

My thought....is it really hard to believe that a guy who has never played receiver before, at least at the college or pro level, would take 3-4 years to "get it"?  I agree it's much different in a game and I'll have to see it to believe it....but he looked good yesterday and from the tweets today he's making some good plays.  I would certainly welcome the surprise of AE as a receiver with open arms and an open mind.  

#41 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Why would anyone want to see him fail? As long as the dude is a Panther, I'm rooting for him.

#42 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

always huh?  how bout never, and he has never had the opportunity to run with first team on a constant basis.  i know saying that barely validates your argument, but it's just a fallacy.  just makes you look more like a schmuck.

#43 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I don't think you're right about that.  I think before we would just be happy if the guy actually held on to a pass or a punt.  The guy was making grabs yesterday....he was catching the ball correctly and cleanly.  There's no reason to read too much into it....but it's definitely a reason to be optimistic about a guy that has been considered dead weight for three years.  He's absolutely a different looking player at this point in the season

#44 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,783 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

They should give Stewart's bike a paint job with his number on it and sell space for advertisements, like NASCAR.  Seems he plans on living on those things.

#45 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Armanti's practice success irks me

Well it make me feel like dancing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.