Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gettis quietly...?

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why? The dude has been injured for two freaking years, while Armanti (although not playing in games) has been practicing with the team over the same period. I don't understand how this can be surprising......

I'm well aware. You are not talking to one of the many Gettis homers here.

I'd like the guy to get all the snaps he can though. The more receivers stepping up this year the better.

Posted · Report post

I'm well aware. You are not talking to one of the many Gettis homers here.

I'd like the guy to get all the snaps he can though. The more receivers stepping up this year the better.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'm just not surprised that he's not running with the ones as of yet, by any measure. 

Posted · Report post

OP is a lame. Why?

Because he posted poo that came from Joe Person.

K, Shino

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'm just not surprised that he's not running with the ones as of yet, by any measure. 

Could be that RR is trying to motivate the kid and let him know he's got no assurance of making the team based on a few good catches in 2010 or 09 or whenever he last saw the field. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm less interested in what string offense the wide receivers are practicing in. If Gettis or anyone else shows they can run crisp routes, catch everything, and get seperation then they'll win the spot no matter what squad they practice on
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not only do I hate Joe Person as a beat writer, but when I found out he was a USC GameDick, it made me hate him as a person (punny)

Yep. He's the ultimate faggot.

Posted · Report post

you don't get to practice with the one's........you earn that opportunity.

PS..............they are still in shorts, let me know when they put the pads on.

Posted · Report post

It's completely ridiculous and pointless to analise anything that happens before any pads are put on.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I used to hate on Person but since he donated bone marrow for a sick child that he also saved from a firey car wreck I have had a change of opinion. Rare for a guy who sighs out his nose at the same time he talks Panthers.

Excerpt from a Joe Person fan fiction blog

Posted · Report post

Locks:
Smitty, Lafell, Hixson, Ginn > Gettis

from camp reports thus far:
Armanti > Gettis

Competition for last WR spot(s):
Pilares, Joe Adams, Gettis, other Camp fodder

I don't think there is anything quiet or suprising about him not making the 53 man roster, the only thing that is quiet has been any reports that he is playing well.

I know it's early but based on that last group you listed above, Gettis would get my nod since we will probably keep 6 receivers. Rivera did mention Gettis once as a pleasent mini camp surprise.

I have heard Joe Adams is still dropping punts. Go figure.

Posted · Report post

My hopes are dwindling for Gettis. 

I would love to see him grab that 5th slot. (on my depth chart)  His speed alone is gives us much more opportunities underneath.

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

AE

Posted · Report post

My hopes are dwindling for Gettis. 

I would love to see him grab that 5th slot. (on my depth chart)  His speed alone is gives us much more opportunities underneath.

Smitty

LaFell

Ginn

AE

Until the pads go and the hitting starts I am going to stay on the sidelines predicting which WR wins the job