Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

Greg Olsen is a nice player, but he's not a top-10 tight end

The most talented player at cornerback or safety in Carolina is ... Charles Godfrey?

I'd like to hear his top 10, and he clearly didnt watch the latter half of the season or he would have noticed guys like DJ Campbell at SS, and the bright spots of Thomas/Norman and especially dockery. Cap't wasnt half bad with a few picks even though hes a nickel.

#2 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

whatever...

#3 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

He also mixed up Thomas Davis with Greg hardy calling Davis a DE then went back to change it before people realize. He should not be writing on teams he knows nothing about

#4 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,294 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yep that is some "I have no idea about this team other than their bad record" bullshit.

#5 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Well, this just helps remind us why his recent under 25 QB ratings were worth about as much as the internet toilet paper it was written on.  

#6 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

really, what did anyone expect?

#7 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I figured out my life, I'm going to become a professional writer one day, I'll be fuging rich. How the fug can I not be better than this idiotic fuger.

Also, I'm looking at you Joe Person.

#8 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

I figured out my life, I'm going to become a professional writer one day, I'll be fuging rich. How the fug can I not be better than this idiotic fuger.

Dont forget Gantt and Adam Schein

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

I didn't read the article yet....but the 2 quoted statements seem about right.

Godfrey IMO is the most talented player in a weak secondary. Physically he is impressive....it doesn't always translate to sound S play

Olsen is in the 10ish area...hard to argue he deserves a clear spot in a top 10 considering his best year of his career is 800 yards or so

#10 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

No offense, but you can't even write good material on a message board!

That said, you would make a fine sports journalist

#11 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Godfrey IMO is the most talented player in a weak secondary. Physically he is impressive....it doesn't always translate to sound S play

Olsen is in the 10ish area...hard to argue he deserves a clear spot in a top 10 considering his best year of his career is 800 yards or so

Aaaand the contrarian arrives.

Godfrey cant tackle in the open field, thats hardly "talented". I like godfrey too. If it was my choice it would be Godfrey at FS and Campbell at SS. But to say godfrey is the most talented is far from the truth.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Godfrey cant tackle in the open field, thats hardly "talented". I like godfrey too. If it was my choice it would be Godfrey at FS and Campbell at SS. But to say godfrey is the most talented is far from the truth.

Okay, who is the most talented football player in our secondary? Proven time on the field factors in I would think....Godfrey has always had the physical tools to be great IMO.

If you say it is far from the truth....then you must have someone clearly better in mind

#13 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Okay, who is the most talented football player in our secondary? Proven time on the field factors in I would think....Godfrey has always had the physical tools to be great IMO.

If you say it is far from the truth....then you must have someone clearly better in mind

Talent and play are two different things... I would personally say that DJ Campbell has more talent than godfrey. He played extremely well at strong safety and made open field tackles and didnt get beat deep in 2-zone situations.

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Name ten better and defend them.

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Man it's hard to defend our secondary.

They are "below average" until they prove otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com