Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Dumb is Greg Rosenthal? [Article]

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm concerned about our secondary, but Olsen is clearly a top 10 TE right now. 

Posted · Report post

Name ten better and defend them.

if we don't take blocking into account he's top 10... if we do... he's marginal.

Posted · Report post

People keep forgetting to mention Tony Gonzalez in this thread (even though I hate him now on that team).

Posted · Report post

He's wrong about olsen, but he's not wrong about the secondary.

I'm not saying godfrey is good, but i do think he's the best one we have in the secondary. we have a godfrey, and old CB who's here more as a mentor than anything, and a bunch of unproven commodities...and i don't consider 5-6 games last year as being "proven".

i think we've got a bit of potential there, but right now we've got a secondary that is scary to me. not scary good, either. just scary as in i don't want them put in clutch situations. i think the pass rush and the front seven will limit the amount to which they'll be a liability, but if we get put in situations like that first ATL game or any other game we lost by less than 6 points i'm going to be getting a headache.

Posted · Report post

I think our secondary, in general, is gonna surprise a lot of people this year.

Godfrey is definitely a guy to watch. He is already a ball-hawk. With the D-line getting some pressure on the QB, we may see CG's game evolve to the next level.

Posted · Report post

There aren't 10 TE's better than Greg Olsen.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps you're right, but I can easily argue he has top five talent.

Regarding overall stats, you absolutely must take injury into account. Looking at their recent bodies of work, I have can easily argue that Olsen is better than Gronk, Hernandez and Gates. The only consistent TEs that I can say are better than Olsen right now are Graham, Witten and Davis. After those three, it's arguable.

Well, you could argue Godfrey has top 5 S talent....doesn't put him in the discussion of top 5 actual safties bc he hasn't shown that his talent translates into being a top 5 S on a field.

You can easily argue Olsen is better than Gronk? You mean a 100% healthy Olsen is better than a hurt Gronk?

Posted · Report post

There aren't 10 TE's better than Greg Olsen.

You put him in a top 10....and you can't definitely say he is better than everyone you have him ahead of. Murky water.

Posted · Report post

Is this guy related to Adam Rank?