#31 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Heh, he even responded.

He's a cool cat. Wish we had drafted him "somehow" so he could have been a lifer.

He pretty much will be............I doubt he plays for anyone else.

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

So you make a dumb statement. Someone asks you to support it. You say you don't have too.

Yep...about a par for the course post from you. Otherwise known as smelly crap that you pulled out of your ass.

Nothing dumb about saying he is 10ish....and that area is cloudy with lots of bodies.

How is that pulling poo from your ass? I was responding to Kurb....and he seemed to take my reply as fair. Olsen isn't top 5....and there is a large cluster of guys after that. Could argue anyone in or out.

#33 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Theyre not giving us anything until we earn it

#34 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Theyre not giving us anything until we earn it

They are giving us plenty of dirty looks from down their noses. After all, we're a small market team. Isn't our purpose to develop players for the larger market/big fanbase teams to sn@tch away in free agency? Pretty sure that was a condition of Carolina being awarded a franchise.

Us silly little Carolinians aren't supposed to win. If we do that, the NFL won't rake in as much $$$ from the large market team's fanbases. Bottom lines will be in danger and they just can't have that.

On the other hand, who in the hell is gonna want to tell Da Kraken to get back in his cage so we can let a team that will draw higher playoff TV ratings get in instead? Who has two thumbs, is writing this diatribe, and ain't volunteering for THAT job? This guy.....

#35 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Who's better than Godfrey?

#36 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,093 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

Nothing dumb about saying he is 10ish....and that area is cloudy with lots of bodies.

How is that pulling poo from your ass? I was responding to Kurb....and he seemed to take my reply as fair. Olsen isn't top 5....and there is a large cluster of guys after that. Could argue anyone in or out.

Perhaps you're right, but I can easily argue he has top five talent.

Regarding overall stats, you absolutely must take injury into account. Looking at their recent bodies of work, I have can easily argue that Olsen is better than Gronk, Hernandez and Gates.  The only consistent TEs that I can say are better than Olsen right now are Graham, Witten and Davis.  After those three, it's arguable. 

#37 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,052 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

I'm concerned about our secondary, but Olsen is clearly a top 10 TE right now. 

#38 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Name ten better and defend them.

if we don't take blocking into account he's top 10... if we do... he's marginal.

#39 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

People keep forgetting to mention Tony Gonzalez in this thread (even though I hate him now on that team).

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

He's wrong about olsen, but he's not wrong about the secondary.

I'm not saying godfrey is good, but i do think he's the best one we have in the secondary. we have a godfrey, and old CB who's here more as a mentor than anything, and a bunch of unproven commodities...and i don't consider 5-6 games last year as being "proven".

i think we've got a bit of potential there, but right now we've got a secondary that is scary to me. not scary good, either. just scary as in i don't want them put in clutch situations. i think the pass rush and the front seven will limit the amount to which they'll be a liability, but if we get put in situations like that first ATL game or any other game we lost by less than 6 points i'm going to be getting a headache.

#41 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,093 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think our secondary, in general, is gonna surprise a lot of people this year.

Godfrey is definitely a guy to watch. He is already a ball-hawk. With the D-line getting some pressure on the QB, we may see CG's game evolve to the next level.

#42 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

There aren't 10 TE's better than Greg Olsen.

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Perhaps you're right, but I can easily argue he has top five talent.

Regarding overall stats, you absolutely must take injury into account. Looking at their recent bodies of work, I have can easily argue that Olsen is better than Gronk, Hernandez and Gates. The only consistent TEs that I can say are better than Olsen right now are Graham, Witten and Davis. After those three, it's arguable.

Well, you could argue Godfrey has top 5 S talent....doesn't put him in the discussion of top 5 actual safties bc he hasn't shown that his talent translates into being a top 5 S on a field.

You can easily argue Olsen is better than Gronk? You mean a 100% healthy Olsen is better than a hurt Gronk?

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,736 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

There aren't 10 TE's better than Greg Olsen.

You put him in a top 10....and you can't definitely say he is better than everyone you have him ahead of. Murky water.

#45 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Is this guy related to Adam Rank?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com