Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew Luck the 23rd ranked player in the nfl?

147 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Let's not get carried away. Luck didn't take The Colts to the playoffs. He had a record breaking rookie season (only because he threw the ball 50x a game) but it was an inspired squad that refused to die after what transpired with their head coach. Let's see if Luck and The Colts can repeat what they did in 2012. At this time, I think they're pretenders.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

something that Luck will never have: Broke the all time pro record of rushing td's by a QB.

I didnt see Luck breaking any pro records. Big deal Luck broke the rookie pass record. Cam did that on a short offseason and did it while breaking REAL records.

Thats performance. . . he did something that has never been seen before. Thats why I watch the NFL

Posted · Report post

Broke Cam's record for passing yards by a rookie?

It is worth noting Luck only threw for 323 yards more on 110 more attempts.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying he isn't good, but he IS getting too much hype. Yeh he took them to the playoffs, but he also had an easy schedule. They only had to score like 18 a game in the games they won. In Cam's rookie year, we averaged 20 points a game in our 11 worst games. That doesnt include the games we scored 30+ and 40+.

Luck is good, but if you rank him at 23, Cam should be 20+ spots higher than 46. It is suppose to be about individual performance. People rely too much on team success. Luck had easier road. Most wins came from Browns, titans, jags, bills, dolphins, teams like that.

And yes, he broke ONE record. Cam broke more than three IN SAME YEAR. RG3 broke ONE! Plus luck threw the ball like 100 more times. He should have broke it. OVERHYPED. Not overrated, still a beast.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The guy has some talent with allot of hype. It does not mean a thing.

Posted · Report post

Luckily they play games and rankings are only there to spur debates.

Posted · Report post

Luck is absolutely a talented QB. I do not agree that he was ranked that much higher than Cam.

At the end of the day, I can honestly say that I prefer having Cam. I believe they are both special. Give me Cam.

Go Panthers!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mark Sanchez went 11-5, had a 54% comp %, had 4 4Q comebacks, 6 game winning drives, TD% of 3.4, INT % of 2.6, in 2010

All nearly identical to Andrew Luck last season and Sanchez may be out of a job and just got drafted over.

Luck will be a good player in this league.  But he is a looooooooong way from being a top 10 QB and is not one of the 25 best players in the NFL.

My only worry with Luck is, does he have that much upside?

The reason he was so highly rated coming out of the draft is he had a very high floor and was almost bust proof, not because he had a huge ceiling.

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

Had Cam followed up his record setting rookie year with 11 wins, a playoff birth, and the exact same stats he had last year, he would be on the cover of every magazine and would be ESPN's new "it" guy.

lol... you I-love-Cam-butts are fuggin' classic.

Posted · Report post

The ordained one

Exactly.

Those who prophesy will always move heaven and earth to ensure that their prophecy is fulfilled.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I watched every frickin' snap. The kid is absurdly overrated. I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks about it because they don't know what the hell they're talking about. He was barely the 23rd best quarterback, but everyone finds his numbers so appealing without the context of an absurd number of snaps.

He also accumulated a lot of those stats when Indianapolis was losing, and seemingly out of games, until the defense made some wonderful plays/had some extraordinary fortune. 

I do like Luck though. But as you, I feel this ranking is absurdly high for what I saw on the field from him. 

Posted · Report post

I turned on ron after the first atlanta game. However, the players never quit on him. If the players didn't have faith in him he would be gone. So ill respect a pro athletes opinion of a coach much more than yours.

Just cause players support their coach, doesn't mean he's a good coach. Not at all. 

Players have supported mediocre and awful coaches for years in all sports (especially ahem "Players Coaches"), and were disappointed when the 'New Guy' came in, who was actually better than the previous who they initially thought they 'liked' so much. It happens. 

[Surprisingly/Historically] players aren't always the best judges of this for a multiplicity of reasons.

Hopefully, Rivera WILL improve full circle (or at least allow the offense to score at every opportunity, so his decision making is not needed at the end of games)?