Photo
- - - - -

Andrew Luck the 23rd ranked player in the nfl?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#97 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

do you really think there is much difference in nfl scedules? after all, this aint college. sure the colts played the jags and titans twice, but we played the sean peytonless saints twice, a team that featured one of the worst defenses in league history, and lets face it, i dont think the bucs are what you would call a powerhouse. the colts had one really good team in their division, houston, who they split with, we had one really good team in ours, atlanta, who we split with. the colts beat the packers, vikings, and texans, and never lost consecutive games all year, not bad for a 2-14 team the previous year, thats in a rebuilding mode, with a rookie qb.  my point is, to criticize a player or  teams accomplishments because they had two bad teams in their division really doesnt make a lot of sense. and do you really think we could have won 11 or 12 games playing anybodys schedule. i dont think so.

Did you just compare the Saints with Drew Brees to the Jaguars and Titans? Go find a mirror and slap that idiot you see in the face.

#98 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Did you just compare the Saints with Drew Brees to the Jaguars and Titans? Go find a mirror and slap that idiot you see in the face.

I was thinking the same thing. 

However, since this was lost on him/her originally, I didn't think pointing it out would make much of a difference. Lol

#99 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

I was thinking the same thing. 

However, since this was lost on him/her originally, I didn't think pointing it out would make much of a difference. Lol

#100 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

In the words of the great John "Shakespeare" Fox: " 'Tis what 'tis "

#101 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

When you have 10 games against:

Jax 2x

Tennessee 2x

Jets

Browns

Dolphins

Buffalo

Detroit

Kansas City

If you don't win 10 games against that schedule last year the coach should be fired on the spot.  It is a who's who of the worst teams in the league.

10 games against TERRIBLE competition.  The simple fact that the Colt's needed 7 game winning drives against that bad of competition should be concerning for Colt's fans.

The Panthers on the other hand.  In my opinion the NFC South and the NFC East are the best divisions in football top to bottom.  We got to play the NFC East last season.  So right off the bat 10 of our 16 games were against good competition, or at the very least very talented teams.

But lets remove Philly from that list because they were terrible.  So that is actually 9 games against pretty stiff and/or talented competition.  Then add Chicago, Denver, and Seattle as 3 of our other out of division games.

So 12 games against division rivals and top tier teams out of 16.

So summarize my point, the Colts had 10 of their 16 games against the pootiest teams in the NFL and the Panthers had 12 of their 16 against pretty damn good teams.

So to answer your question, yes there is a very big difference between the Colt's schedule and the Panther's schedule last season.

#102 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Big difference from playing against Drew Brees than playing Jake Locker and Gabbert.

#103 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

It is worth noting Luck only threw for 323 yards more on 110 more attempts.  

I knew I had seen where it was over 100 attempts.  How is it he was 17 higher than Cam last year.

I'll tell you.  Andrew Luck has been slotted for the Hall of Fame since he was a Junior in college.  Amazing how they never took his INTs into consideration.

#104 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

first off, u overrate the nfc east and the nfc south. although year in and year out the east is one of the toughest div. in the league, we are talking about last year. the giants had an off year, the eagles were terrible, and we all know what the cowboys are. the nfc south had two very beatable teams in the saints and bucs. also, the colts beat 3 playoff teams, the panthers beat 2. the colts and panthers had 1 common opponent, the chiefs. the  colts beat the chiefs in kc, the panthers lost. also, you completely discredit the dolphins and lions. when the colts beat miami, the dolphins were 5-2, and playing really tough, and going into detroit and winning is no walk in the park. you want to pad the panthers schedule and completely discredit the colts. you must remember, the colts won 11, the panthers won 7. as i said in my original post, it aint college, there are no easy outs. remember, a win is a win, and like ringo said, it dont come easy.  to discredit what the colts did because you think the panthers played a tougher schedule is fools play.

#105 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

first off, u overrate the nfc east and the nfc south. although year in and year out the east is one of the toughest div. in the league, we are talking about last year. the giants had an off year, the eagles were terrible, and we all know what the cowboys are. the nfc south had two very beatable teams in the saints and bucs. also, the colts beat 3 playoff teams, the panthers beat 2. the colts and panthers had 1 common opponent, the chiefs. the  colts beat the chiefs in kc, the panthers lost. also, you completely discredit the dolphins and lions. when the colts beat miami, the dolphins were 5-2, and playing really tough, and going into detroit and winning is no walk in the park. you want to pad the panthers schedule and completely discredit the colts. you must remember, the colts won 11, the panthers won 7. as i said in my original post, it aint college, there are no easy outs. remember, a win is a win, and like ringo said, it dont come easy.  to discredit what the colts did because you think the panthers played a tougher schedule is fools play.

If your logic was any more infantile it would be preconceptional.

#106 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Andrew Luck is a prodigy.  The most mature rookie the NFL has seen in a while.  I have no problem with his ranking.  Everyone complaining about Luck being ranked higher than Cam, I was surprised to see Cam ranked at all to tell you the truth.  Cam still needs to harness all his skills.

#107 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Andrew Luck is a prodigy.  The most mature rookie the NFL has seen in a while.  I have no problem with his ranking.  Everyone complaining about Luck being ranked higher than Cam, I was surprised to see Cam ranked at all to tell you the truth.  Cam still needs to harness all his skills.

Umm. No. Incorrect. This is a load of horseshiit masquerading as intelligent talk.

Luck played like hot  festering garbage for long stretches of the year. His post-snap progression reading is miles behind Cam, and his pre-snap reads weren't particularly great either. The comparisons between Luck and Peyton as a rookie are so unwarranted that I literally wonder if people actually have a f*cking clue what sport they are watching.

#108 nationofdomination

nationofdomination

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Ding...ding...ding....we have a winner.

its funny that of the 10 teams that you listed as being so sorry, the panthers lost to the worst of the bunch, the chiefs. if you couldnt beat the chiefs what makes you think you could beat the rest. i addressed you further a few posts down. u might have been a little premature with your little ding ding ding