#16 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,638 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

The movie would be more realistic if Superman was wearing a #1 or #59 Panther jersey.

#17 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

All I thought of when I saw that scene was LUUUUUUKE

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

It was an ok movie. Basically very little story, character development, dialogue, and a poo ton of violence. That has to be the most violent super hero movie of all time.

Good cast. Looked really good. Was just an empty shell though. Lacked storytelling skills.

Better than superman returns, not nearly as good as Superman and Superman 2 from the 70s and 80s.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,825 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Buddy and I after words talked about how violent it was.

I thought it did a good job showing the parallels between his two dads and the influences they had on him.

Other odd observations: lots of homage to Superman 2. With all the ad placements and the over turned oil tanker being kicked on the street.
Very pro military and didn't show them in a negative light in any way. They didn't back down from anything.
A little wink to spying by the govt at the end. Maybe more after some coffee.

#20 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,672 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

It was an ok movie. Basically very little story, character development, dialogue, and a poo ton of violence. That has to be the most violent super hero movie of all time.

Good cast. Looked really good. Was just an empty shell though. Lacked storytelling skills.

Better than superman returns, not nearly as good as Superman and Superman 2 from the 70s and 80s.

Disagree. It was the editing and pacing that hindered the story and characterizations. MOS was originally a 3+ hour film. That was obvious in the first act (choppy as hell).

#21 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,672 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

that really excites me. gonna check it out this weekend from that comparison alone.

Snyder is an anime fan. He also added some Bleach to the mix.

Can't believe an adult actually used Dragonball Z to describe something. My kids stopped watching that poo when they were like 10 years old.

Pretentious much? DBZ is still one of greatest action-packed animes of all time. There are plenty of adults that adore it, especially those who grew up with it.

#22 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

It doesn't really need to have that much plot as long as it sells lots of tickets it can do well to jump start the franchise. With Snyder as a director you have to expect more violence than plot.

A successful reboot is good for the franchise in general.

#23 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,349 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Snyder is an anime fan. He also added some Bleach to the mix.

Pretentious much? DBZ is still one of greatest action-packed animes of all time. There are plenty of adults that adore it, especially those who grew up with it.

Not sure what bleach is. But I grew up watching the freeza, cell, buu sagas. They were beyond epic. Im gonna miss it this weekend. But im gonna try and catch it this week sometime after work.

And don't pay attention to haters. Im a 25 year old man, dbz was classic.

#24 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I thought it was good, slow to begin with but good overall. If I had gone into it not expecting action from the get go I think I would have walked out with a better feeling about it. I'm sure once I see it again on DVD I'll like it more. 

#25 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,672 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Not sure what bleach is. But I grew up watching the freeza, cell, buu sagas. They were beyond epic. Im gonna miss it this weekend. But im gonna try and catch it this week sometime after work.

And don't pay attention to haters. Im a 25 year old man, dbz was classic.

Bleach was a very popular Supernatural/Swordsman anime in the States a couple years ago but its appeal has recently dipped. It's evident that Snyder was a fan because he included the Flash Step to the combat. Very well done.

Me too. I use to watch DBZ every freaking day. I still pop in a Blu-Ray and watch a few episodes every now and then. Same thing with Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in a Shell, Guyver, Escaflowne, etc. DBZ was a big part of my childhood.

Yeah, watch it as soon as you can. The first half is shaky but from there it's smooth sailing.

#26 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,672 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

I thought it was good, slow to begin with but good overall. If I had gone into it not expecting action from the get go I think I would have walked out with a better feeling about it. I'm sure once I see it again on DVD I'll like it more.

I want that 3 hour Director's Cut. Act One had virtually no breathing room.

As it stands, I give it an 8.5/10

#27 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Man what a boring movie, until the ending.

The movie looked good, but what movie doesn't nowadays?

#28 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

The movie looked good, but what movie doesn't nowadays?

After Earth

Now what do I win?

#29 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

After Earth

Now what do I win?

pie-flavor-o.gif

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

LoL how in the world did they incorporate a "flash step" into this movie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.