• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#11 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

Oh no I find most of the Marvel movies pretty... well yeah cookie cutter. I really liked the Avengers though. Just felt they handled the juggling of all those characters perfectly and it was a really fun movie that wasn't delusional about what it was. I did like the way Clark/Superman was portrayed - he was very relatable. The action was incredible, it was just absolute sensual overload. The final fight sequences I swear lasted for 40 minutes though and like Revenge of the Sith, after the initial emotion of the fight wears off it just seemed to drag onnnnn and onnnn through the explosions and flying. IDK its obviously a personal difference in taste.

Fair enough. Whedon's strength resides in handling numerous characters and witty humor. So I too found The Avengers to be what X-Men should have been. To me, the final 40 minutes just flew by (the action had me that captivated) but I could see how the length of the battle might have hindered it. For instance, I felt that The Avengers finale was too long. It took me out of it 25 minutes into the battle.

#12 O-Ther

O-Ther

Well done > well said

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMCO
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Just saw the Man of Steel, huh? What was Smitty doing earlier tonight?

Sure is nice to have a third name for Supes. Now Cam can be Superman, Luke can be Clark Kent, and Smitty can be the Man of Steel.

Memo to the rest of the Panthers: don't get a visible Superman tattoo and fug this up, unless you WANT to have the nickname of Kal-El.

Or Superboy.

Or Supergirl.

#13 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, it's getting a little repetitive. I think the sequel should go smaller, but man... the action and scale for this film was insane. Dragonball Z level of crazy.

that really excites me. gonna check it out this weekend from that comparison alone.

#14 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

http://www.rottentom...n_man_of_steel/

worse than Superman Returns?

http://www.rottentom...perman_returns/

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, it's getting a little repetitive. I think the sequel should go smaller, but man... the action and scale for this film was insane. Dragonball Z level of crazy.

Can't believe an adult actually used Dragonball Z to describe something.  My kids stopped watching that poo when they were like 10 years old.

#16 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

The movie would be more realistic if Superman was wearing a #1 or #59 Panther jersey.

#17 Jesse

Jesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationVirginia
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

All I thought of when I saw that scene was LUUUUUUKE

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

It was an ok movie. Basically very little story, character development, dialogue, and a poo ton of violence. That has to be the most violent super hero movie of all time.

Good cast. Looked really good. Was just an empty shell though. Lacked storytelling skills.

Better than superman returns, not nearly as good as Superman and Superman 2 from the 70s and 80s.

#19 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Buddy and I after words talked about how violent it was.

I thought it did a good job showing the parallels between his two dads and the influences they had on him.

Other odd observations: lots of homage to Superman 2. With all the ad placements and the over turned oil tanker being kicked on the street.
Very pro military and didn't show them in a negative light in any way. They didn't back down from anything.
A little wink to spying by the govt at the end. Maybe more after some coffee.

#20 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

It was an ok movie. Basically very little story, character development, dialogue, and a poo ton of violence. That has to be the most violent super hero movie of all time.

Good cast. Looked really good. Was just an empty shell though. Lacked storytelling skills.

Better than superman returns, not nearly as good as Superman and Superman 2 from the 70s and 80s.

Disagree. It was the editing and pacing that hindered the story and characterizations. MOS was originally a 3+ hour film. That was obvious in the first act (choppy as hell).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users