#1 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

I don't think Zod will like it to much....

LOL

[spoiler]*Superman kills Zod*[spoiler]

#2 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Just saw it.  I thought it was excellent.

#3 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I thought it was good too. I don't know why all the tard critics don't like it.

#4 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,175 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

I liked it fine, but I feel like the sequel will be much better- similar to the Batman trilogy. 

#5 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

It was an awesome movie the critics just want it to be anther 70's era superman movie that is cute and quirky.

This movie is about modernizing Superman.

#6 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

I loved it. Yes, it has a few issues but if you can't go sit down inside of that movie and have fun for a few hours, you're probably a very stuck up person.

#7 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Pretty terrible.

#8 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

6/10. It tried, but missed most of the notes.

Particularly didn't enjoy the 3 hour long action sequence that make up the second part of the film.

#9 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,385 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Action in a Superhero movie? No way!

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Supes was very underpowered in the movie. But I guess he had to be weakened to ensure a better story. As much as the movie emphasized getting his powers under control and his body living a lifetime under our sun, it sure didn't make sense to have the other Kryptonians come to terms with their powers so quickly.

#10 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

#11 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,385 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

well the movie added the element of earth's and krypton's atmospheres being incompatible. i don't ever remember seeing that before- it was always the yellow sun that gave kryptonians their powers.
Maybe I misinterpreted something in the movie. The movie IMO seemed to say that a lifetime of being in this atmosphere is what has made Superman so powerful (rather than the traditional yellow sun). but zod had the same powers instantly - even knowing of some of his powers in advance.

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

Finally seen this.  I thought it was good.  I put it on par with Thor/Cap America/Iron Man flicks, honestly.  Wasn't as good as Avengers or Dark Knight Triology.

But honestly, it didn't really feel like a comic book movie, so I classify it more as a sci-fi story and in that way, the movie was really good.

I loved the ending with Zod, but I wasn't ever a huge fan of Superman anyway so.

#13 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,807 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

well the movie added the element of earth's and krypton's atmospheres being incompatible. i don't ever remember seeing that before- it was always the yellow sun that gave kryptonians their powers.
Maybe I misinterpreted something in the movie. The movie IMO seemed to say that a lifetime of being in this atmosphere is what has made Superman so powerful (rather than the traditional yellow sun). but zod had the same powers instantly - even knowing of some of his powers in advance.

Sups explained to Zod that his (earth) parents taught him how to control his powers. As soon as Zod took off his mask he had the same powers as Superman, he just couldn't control them. For some dumb reason Sups explained this to Zod so later Zod was able to focus and use the powers to fly, burn poo with his eyes etc.

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,692 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

LOL yeah the scene where he explains to Zod to zero in on abilities was stupid, and maybe the cheesiest point in the movie, for me at least.  WHY??

It was like the old Fantastic Four or any comics from the early 60's where they EXPLAINED everything that was going on lol.

#15 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,807 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

LOL yeah the scene where he explains to Zod to zero in on abilities was stupid, and maybe the cheesiest point in the movie, for me at least.  WHY??

It was like the old Fantastic Four or any comics from the early 60's where they EXPLAINED everything that was going on lol.

Yeah I felt like there was a lot of cheesy dialogue in the film, but I kind of liked it because it reminded me of the comics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.