Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw Man of Steel last night...

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I don't think Zod will like it to much....

LOL

[spoiler]*Superman kills Zod*[spoiler]

Posted · Report post

Just saw it.  I thought it was excellent.

Posted · Report post

I thought it was good too. I don't know why all the tard critics don't like it.

Posted · Report post

I liked it fine, but I feel like the sequel will be much better- similar to the Batman trilogy. 

Posted · Report post

It was an awesome movie the critics just want it to be anther 70's era superman movie that is cute and quirky.

This movie is about modernizing Superman.

Posted · Report post

I loved it. Yes, it has a few issues but if you can't go sit down inside of that movie and have fun for a few hours, you're probably a very stuck up person.

Posted · Report post

Pretty terrible.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

6/10. It tried, but missed most of the notes.

Particularly didn't enjoy the 3 hour long action sequence that make up the second part of the film.

Posted · Report post

Action in a Superhero movie? No way!

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Supes was very underpowered in the movie. But I guess he had to be weakened to ensure a better story. As much as the movie emphasized getting his powers under control and his body living a lifetime under our sun, it sure didn't make sense to have the other Kryptonians come to terms with their powers so quickly.

Posted · Report post

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

Posted · Report post

Zod explained that - he was bred to be a soldier, to master his senses.

Superman is, essentially, a farm boy.

I guess after the gritty realistic superhero reboots we've seen recently seeing Superman and Zod duke it out through skyscrapers etc for 40 minutes turned me off.

well the movie added the element of earth's and krypton's atmospheres being incompatible. i don't ever remember seeing that before- it was always the yellow sun that gave kryptonians their powers.
Maybe I misinterpreted something in the movie. The movie IMO seemed to say that a lifetime of being in this atmosphere is what has made Superman so powerful (rather than the traditional yellow sun). but zod had the same powers instantly - even knowing of some of his powers in advance.

Posted · Report post

Finally seen this.  I thought it was good.  I put it on par with Thor/Cap America/Iron Man flicks, honestly.  Wasn't as good as Avengers or Dark Knight Triology.

But honestly, it didn't really feel like a comic book movie, so I classify it more as a sci-fi story and in that way, the movie was really good.

I loved the ending with Zod, but I wasn't ever a huge fan of Superman anyway so.

1 person likes this