Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AJ Klein plays smart because he is smart. NFL Draft Zone interview

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I was very happy we drafted this guy, not many people were talking about LB depth but I ALWAYS have TD's knee in my mind EVERY time he makes a play lol.

I wish I could say that I didn't, but alas, I do too.

Posted

Man I'm comfortable with our backup LB's..Beason or TD goes down, Blackburn and AJ Klein could pick up right where they left off.

Posted

Hahaha the change of heart in this thread is amazing... 85% of the huddle's response when this guy was drafted was "another linebacker?"

Oh how things change.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus, because it’s Jesus. Isaac Newton because I would just like to have a conversation with him and pick his mind. That guy from Man vs. Food because everything he eats looks amazing. Plain and simple.

hey kraken if you read this tell klein to get a carolinahuddle.com account

Posted

Davis and Beason will of course be healthy the whole season but its good to have a player like Klein in the rotation.

I was not happy with that pick but this obviously i was wrong.

Damnit i won't steal Gettleman's job!

Posted

Hahaha the change of heart in this thread is amazing... 85% of the huddle's response when this guy was drafted was "another linebacker?"

Oh how things change.

Tell me about it.. Same thing happens every time period between the draft and preseason with armanti.

Posted

Klein = ST stud this year and future LB starter.

Posted

I knew Klein was a solid linebacker, so I decided to check out his stats and discovered that he is even better than I thought he was.

He's no Luke Kuechly but he could easily be an above average outside linebacker.

Klein started three of his four years at Iowa State and during those three years he recorded...

345 tackles (362 tackles in four years)

19 tackles for a loss

9 passes defended

7 quarterback hurries

5 interceptions

4 touchdowns (87 yard int return, 78 yard int return, 69 yard int return, 25 yard int return)

3 sacks

1 fumble recovery

1 forced fumble (freshman year)

Judging from his stats, he looks like he be a pretty good strong side linebacker.

Posted

without taking 1 single snap in a game, not even a pre-season or tc? Wow, gotta love it.

I think he makes it easy to let Beason walk after this season.

Posted

without taking 1 single snap in a game, not even a pre-season or tc? Wow, gotta love it.

With the amount that Beason will be making...yes.  He is being paid like one of the top 2 MLB's in the league.  He will be way overpaid for an OLB.

I think he will have to take a paycut next year or it will be very likely that he could soon (after the season) be a cap casualty.

If he still really wants to play MLB....which I think he ultimately does based on several of his comments....then he could force his release by not being willing to cut.

I am not saying that he will be released....just with the economics, it is a very, very possible scenario.

Posted

People forget how good Beason was pre-injury. He was arguably the best middle linebacker in the league at the time (along with Willis).

Coach Rivera and the new linebackers coach (his name slips me and I'm on my phone) have said a number of times that Beason is out on the field going 100% and a 100% Beason is better than the majority of the linebackers in the league, regardless of position.

Also if they were going to release Jon they would have done it by now. He will at least be on the roster for the remainder of this year.

Posted

People forget how good Beason was pre-injury. He was arguably the best middle linebacker in the league at the time (along with Willis).

Coach Rivera and the new linebackers coach (his name slips me and I'm on my phone) have said a number of times that Beason is out on the field going 100% and a 100% Beason is better than the majority of the linebackers in the league, regardless of position.

Also if they were going to release Jon they would have done it by now. He will at least be on the roster for the remainder of this year.

He wont be released this year. It'd cost to much this season. BUT next year it is more likely. He'll def have to restructure, or be cut/traded.