Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AJ Klein plays smart because he is smart. NFL Draft Zone interview

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He wont be released this year. It'd cost to much this season. BUT next year it is more likely. He'll def have to restructure, or be cut/traded.

I believe it really all hinges on how he plays this year.  Let's say he plays lights-out this year, then that would certainly change the (seeming lion's share of the Huddle's) presumed  dynamics of the situation.

I am pretty sure that Beast led the team in tackles in 2010 when he was moved to the outside. He had 89 tackles, one interception, and two forced fumbles that year. Don't get me wrong, he may still probably have to take a modest pay cut, but I don't think that you can just cut a guy like Beason like he's JAG if he is playing at 100 percent, as has been reported.

Posted · Report post

I believe it really all hinges on how he plays this year. Let's say he plays lights-out this year, then that would certainly change the (seeming lion's share of the Huddle's) presumed dynamics of the situation.

I am pretty sure that Beast led the team in tackles in 2010 when he was moved to the outside. He had 89 tackles, one interception, and two forced fumbles that year. Don't get me wrong, he may still probably have to take a modest pay cut, but I don't think that you can just cut a guy like Beason like he's JAG if he is playing at 100 percent, as has been reported.

I believe Beason will be fine health wise. And he may have led in tackles from the WLB postion in '10 (the short time he was there). That doesn't say a lot considering who was playing MLB at that time. But he didn't look comfortable at WLB. I do feel that he will improve at the position due to having time to develop there and not trying to over compensate for lack of talent beside him. That said he still has to take some kind of pay cut, because he's no longer the mike and he's getting paid to be one. And I'm sure he knows it.

Posted · Report post

I believe Beason will be fine health wise. And he may have led in tackles from the WLB postion in '10 (the short time he was there). That doesn't say a lot considering who was playing MLB at that time. But he didn't look comfortable at WLB. I do feel that he will improve at the position due to having time to develop there and not trying to over compensate for lack of talent beside him. That said he still has to take some kind of pay cut, because he's no longer the mike and he's getting paid to be one. And I'm sure he knows it.

That is my feeling as well.

I think that he will play very well this year (hope so).  Even so, he will be significantly overpaid for an OLB.  Gettlemen just does not seem like the type to overpay for value and position.

That is the reason that I think he is at risk to be cut next season if he is not willing to restructure and take less money.

He also may desire to play the Mike position....and would definitely have the option to do so for another team.  He may want to move on to MLB on another team.

Only time will tell