Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Active Fathers in a Childs Life

72 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He may not have had a father in his life and takes it personally.

i didn't take anything personally

Well until this post

Posted · Report post

I run my household in a conservative manner.

You can't coddle kids and help them with their homework.  They have to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and learn their work on their own.

Otherwise they become reliant on parental assistance and will just vote for the same fathers over and over again so they don't have to learn algebra on their own.  They will just suck the parental teat and have no motivation to learn on their own anymore.

I provide no parental assistance to my children.  Why should my hard earned money go to a child that does not contribute to the household economy?

Sure there are some societal deterrents that make it difficult for my children from getting employment like child labor laws.  but the way I see it the Olsen twins had a 500 million dollar empire by the time they were 18.  So don't tell me it can't be done.  If I feed and cloth my children they will never become the Olsen twins because it would be too easy to accept my assistance.  They just want a parental handout!

After all who would know more about raising kids then me?  Sure I don't have any of my own, but I have known a couple kids before and my friends tell me all about them.

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Zod - Fathers should be engaged with their kids.

SZ and Delhommey -  OMGGGSSZZZZZ   How can you say something so controversial??????!!!>!>!>>!>!1??!!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Oversee=doing it for them in SZ world...

Oversee=ensuring they're doing it right and understanding why. Got kids SZ?

SZ is just pissed that he is not even capable if doing his kids homework for them.

That long division is just such a bitch
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

happy father's day Zod...it's ok, I got it. 

kids with dads in their lives have a higher probability of success in their life than kids without one....but that doesn't mean that kids without a dad can't or won't succeed.

hopefully that dumbs it down enough for some!!!

6 people like this

Posted · Report post

kids with dads in their lives have a higher probability of success in their life than kids without one....but that doesn't mean that kids without a dad can't or won't succeed.

Bingo

Posted · Report post

I run my household in a conservative manner.

You can't coddle kids and help them with their homework. They have to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and learn their work on their own.

Otherwise they become reliant on parental assistance and will just vote for the same fathers over and over again so they don't have to learn algebra on their own. They will just suck the parental teat and have no motivation to learn on their own anymore.

I provide no parental assistance to my children. Why should my hard earned money go to a child that does not contribute to the household economy?

Sure there are some societal deterrents that make it difficult for my children from getting employment like child labor laws. but the way I see it the Olsen twins had a 500 million dollar by the time they were 18. So don't tell me it can't be done. If I feed and cloth my children they will never become the Olsen twins because it would be too easy to accept my assistance. They just want a parental handout!

After all who would know more about raising kids then me? Sure I don't have any of my own, but I have known a couple kids before and my friends tell me all about them.

I know this is satire but seriously why do parents feel like doing their kids homework for them is helping them? :S
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i thought this was common sense.

not a bash on anyone growing up in a single parent home.

Posted · Report post

most people who would abandon their children would make shitty and abusive fathers...  anybody who thinks it's as simple as being "present" has never been around someone who's presence is far more poisonous than anything their absence could produce.

being a good parent is hard as f*ck.  the reality is that most people arent cut out to be parents.

Posted · Report post

It's sad when you are defensive and offended by the statement that fathers play a crucial part in a child's life.

Exactly.

I sit with each if my 3 kids every night. We talk about what they are studying at school...and I will ask about and discuss their homework. We also talk about anything else that us going on in their lives...friends, sports, concerns.

My kids know that they can talk to me about anything.

My two oldest are 13 and 16. Both play multiple sports in school and both have made straight A's for over 3 straight years. Oldest is in HS and takes all Honors and AP courses. Swam for his HS as a freshman and made all conf and swam at the NC high school state championships.

I 100% believe that parental involvement in their kids lives is one if the strongest factors of their academic and developmental success.

Posted · Report post

I know this is satire but seriously why do parents feel like doing their kids homework for them is helping them? :S

If this is a serious question, then a serious answer.... it doesn't.

Why would a parent "do it for them?"  I help my kids, well my younger one anyway (and my older when he was younger)... with his work and I certainly don't do it for him.

That's not learning, that's just stupid.  I'm sure some people do that, but you're not "helping" them...

Posted · Report post

i thought this was common sense.

not a bash on anyone growing up in a single parent home.

Agreed.

If they are in a single family home, the one parents must pick up the slack. And that is damn hard...as they are likely working their ass off to provide a good home. The existing patent needs to do everything possible to help identify and provide other strong role models for their kids.

It is not impossible... Just harder.