Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

FYI

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

Now you can listen to crappy music early!

#3 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,834 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Kanye may just be the best hip-hop producer of all time. His music is not crappy. He may be a total prick and completely unlikeable, but his music isn't bad.

Of course that's subject to opinion, but I think some music should be universally respected, even if it's not for you.

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Old Kayne...good.

New Kanye...not for me

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,118 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Kanye may just be the best hip-hop producer of all time. His music is not crappy. He may be a total prick and completely unlikeable, but his music isn't bad.

Of course that's subject to opinion, but I think some music should be universally respected, even if it's not for you.

How old are you? If you think Kanye is the best in any category, I strongly urge you to listen to some older hip hop. He isn't even close to being the top anything in the industry. I liked his early stuff but let's not get carried away.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,908 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

my dark twisted fantasy from a music/producer perspective is very, very good. so i dont know why people hate his new stuff.

#7 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Disappointing 

#8 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yeah totally unlikeable douche but MBDTF is an awesome and cohesive album.  Not many in hip-hop can do that nowadays.  

Not a fan of the new one from what I've heard though.  I agree it's disappointing. 

It's not impossible to enjoy some of the new stuff meanwhile with the EPMDs, Black Stars, and Das FXs of the world.  People rip on Kanye just to rip on Kanye, because it's easy and he's a douchebag

#9 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

J Cole.

#10 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,691 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

rap's just about run its course. there's still some good stuff coming out, but unless you spend hours of free time trawling through all the crap coming out to find the good stuff you're not finding it, and it's just gotten way too mainstream and homogeneous at this point

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,908 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

that's why you become friends with people who are hip hop/rap connoisseurs. I found out about Kendrick when section 80 came out from a friend. then i just looked up people in his tde group and it just goes from there. also people they have featured on their albums. look them up. they're usually pretty good.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,567 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

if arrogance were currency he would be Warren Buffet.

sorry. he is without question the most overrated person of the 21st century.

#13 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

How old are you? If you think Kanye is the best in any category, I strongly urge you to listen to some older hip hop. He isn't even close to being the top anything in the industry. I liked his early stuff but let's not get carried away.

I don't think age denotes anything. I have listened to both old hip-hop and new hip-hop pretty extensively. I like Nas, Eric B & Rakim, Wu Tang, Pac, NWA, The Fugees, etc etc, but I prefer newer hip-hop. I find it a lot more creative and genre bending, which is the kind of stuff I like. I can appreciate and vibe to the classics, but I just really get into the newer stuff easier.

With that said, I think it's impossible to deny that Kanye is an incredible producer. I'm only an avid fan of Kanye the rapper, but he throws together some ridiculous production both into his albums and stuff he does for other people. Again, maybe it's my preference of alternative hip-hop aspects coming into play, but I don't see how you can take away from what he does as a producer.

#14 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Yeah totally unlikeable douche but MBDTF is an awesome and cohesive album.  Not many in hip-hop can do that nowadays.  

Exactly, MBDTF is quite possibly the most cohesive and well produced hip-hop album of at least the past century.

Can you find any better album in that aspect? There may be more cohesive albums (Good Kid M.A.A.D City comes to mind), but I can't think of any better produced.

#15 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,136 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

So what music is good?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com