Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

156 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I refer you to the 1st post.

A Statement like "based on measurment and skillsets kinda explains my answer". Funny how other people didn't have a problem with the plot here.

Either way your whole basis is wrong. All #1 wrs don't run a 4.3 and we both know all #1 wrs aren't 6'3. Basing on measurements is why combine warriors are usually bust. I personally wouldn't base it on anything but performance and based on performance we don't have a potential #1 on this roster.

Posted · Report post

Either way your whole basis is wrong. All #1 wrs don't run a 4.3 and we both know all #1 wrs aren't 6'3. Basing on measurements is why combine warriors are usually bust. I personally wouldn't base it on anything but performance and based on performance we don't have a potential #1 on this roster.

Ace then again you missed the point of the thread. Just because you don't believe in the criteria doesn't mean the basis is wrong.

There was a reason Performance was not a criteria if it was then there is no need to ask the question.

If Performance was the main Criteria of many thread questions. Then we would only be talking about  15 to 20 players on this team most of the time.

You're right not all WR run a 4.3 but it doesn't hurt if they do. Not all WR are 6'3 but it doesn't hurt if they are.

Posted · Report post

None outside Steve are capable of being a #1 receiver at this point.

People saying Gettis really need a reality check. His last stats were recorded in 2010. FUTURE #1!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Im really trying to be quietly optimistic about Gettis. . . really trying hard. Im not worried though, LaFell is much more of a stud than people here think.

Posted · Report post

Hey koolkatluke you sure would make a great professional NFL scout.

"Okay fellas, we're looking for a #1 receiver here. Draft ALL the guys that are tall and fast!"

Posted · Report post

Lamont Bryant is a beast and I'd love to see him break out. He's a specimen.

Posted · Report post

Lamont Bryant is a beast and I'd love to see him break out. He's a specimen.

Why do I have the feeling with Gettleman here, Bryant (unless he really sucks) will make the team? Lol. 

When you're that tall, big and athletically gifted, all you have to do is throw the guy some jump balls at close yardage for him to be effective. The Panthers have other receivers to run good routes. Throw this guy the ball up in the air. 

I think these are some of the things that Gettleman will point out to Rivera (if Shula hadn't noticed  already) to help enhance the team, when he says 'sometimes the answers are on your own squad'. 

Posted · Report post

I don't feel there is a player on the roster that could step up.

I loved Gettis his rookie year. I had high hopes for him cause of his size, speed, and hands.
He has everything ya want in a top receiver except production.
Last season was nothing but disappointment for anybody that was/is rooting for Gettis.
He hasn't been mentioned is any OTA reports.
That isn't necessarily bad, but I don't consider it good either.
Is he in Rivera's dog house? If so, why?

He best step up and show up in preseason games, or he.might not even make the roster.

Ted Ginn will never be a #1.

Posted · Report post

Terry Bradshaw had a good season 35 years ago. I'm not saying Gettis can't be a good receiver again if given the oppurtunity but I'm not gonna dwell on one decent season 2 years ago.

Posted · Report post

Terry Bradshaw had a good season 35 years ago. I'm not saying Gettis can't be a good receiver again if given the oppurtunity but I'm not gonna dwell on one decent season 2 years ago.

If he played himself out with poor play on the field then I would agree, but thats not the case. Injuries dont just magically make someone suck. I get that the time away hurts but keep in mind that understanding on offense takes time to learn anyways. Its not like he wasnt doing anything all this time.

He's been learning and improving other things while still being very young.

Posted · Report post

Hey koolkatluke you sure would make a great professional NFL scout.

"Okay fellas, we're looking for a #1 receiver here. Draft ALL the guys that are tall and fast!"

Al Davis approves this message posthumously.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I totally agree that he is still young and hopefully learning while being injured. All I'm saying is that with the depth at wr I'm not getting my hopes up.