Photo
- - - - -

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#46 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

This is true imo but the staff wasn't high on lafell either when they brought in legs, there was a lot of talk how rr was disappointed in their production. I'm not sold on rr's perception of camp gems. I know dg said the starters might already be on the roster and I agree. I believe David Gettis will make the team, ae will make it based on mini camp and pr, pilares likely will stick around but Adams will probably be practice squad bound as well as Bryant. Imo only.

Legs was brought in because LaFell and Gettis both were struggling with the scheme. He knew the system in and out and was really a teacher/place holder til the young guys grasped the scheme.

I think Gettis CAN make the squad, but I believe he'll have to make a drastic upward trend. I feel as tho he may have regressed or hasn't progressed in his time off the field. He better step up. And step up, big time or he's as good as gone.

#47 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I think Gettis has the potential to be a #1 but I'm going to wait until training camp and preseason to make my assessment. Because I really do believe one of the WR are going to step up and take the position. Outside of the rookies none of them have an excuse because they should know the playbook so it put up or shut up time for the guys that's on the roster.

#48 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I just want to say that possession receivers can play the 1 also, they just tend to be more balanced when they are. Imo LaFell fits that to a T.

Though I am pulling hard for #12,  I just think #11 deserves his due respect.

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I just want to say that possession receivers can play the 1 also, they just tend to be more balanced when they are. Imo LaFell fits that to a T.

Moose put up 1405 yards and 16 TDs as our 1

#50 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've been hard on Lafell, it took me awhile to forgive him for that drop in Kansas City.

He has all the potential imo. He must become more consistent though, and it has to be this year.

#51 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Gettis snag the starting job that year as well. Rr is a great defensive mind but his bringing in legs that year took reps away from both the young guys. Fox is the hardest on young talent, with that said, I'm sure we woulda made the playoffs both years with Cam here. If gettis doesn't make it fine but he's the best option for the long run if he can get back to his 2010 form when the qb position was a turnstile.

Legs was brought in because LaFell and Gettis both were struggling with the scheme. He knew the system in and out and was really a teacher/place holder til the young guys grasped the scheme.

I think Gettis CAN make the squad, but I believe he'll have to make a drastic upward trend. I feel as tho he may have regressed or hasn't progressed in his time off the field. He better step up. And step up, big time or he's as good as gone.

#52 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

I do not understand how you guys are still talking about Gettis, the guy had 508 yards his rookie year and has not played sense. Louis Murphy had more yards his rookie year and I did not see anyone shedding a tear when he left.

#53 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

Murphy sucked last year and he had a good qb as a veteran. Anything else?

#54 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I do not understand how you guys are still talking about Gettis, the guy had 508 yards his rookie year and has not played sense. Louis Murphy had more yards his rookie year and I did not see anyone shedding a tear when he left.

Yeah and that was with Jamarcus Russell at QB......

Our inability to properly address WR and history of busts at the position is what fuels the Gettis hype.

#55 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm not sure about #1... cuz I don't think he's had enough on field playing time to prove that.

BUT... I agree that that the "mystery" reason he's not getting reps is still mind boggle'n.

I hope there is a legit reason for it... and then I'll admit I was wrong that I thought he could contribute... if that's the case. But as of right now, I don't see what the issue is. 

I am not sure at the moment tho, per your question, who could be a #1 at this point. I think I'd have to see what happens with the WR's in games to decide that. (if any of them are that person)

It's because he's been hurt the past two years, and there are other players that have earned the right to be in front of him right now.  He has to earn his spot back.   If he does his thing though, he'll get more and more reps come training camp.   Also why risk anything when it's just OTAs and minicamps?

#56 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Gettis snag the starting job that year as well. Rr is a great defensive mind but his bringing in legs that year took reps away from both the young guys. Fox is the hardest on young talent, with that said, I'm sure we woulda made the playoffs both years with Cam here. If gettis doesn't make it fine but he's the best option for the long run if he can get back to his 2010 form when the qb position was a turnstile.

Claiming Gettis was the starter over LaFell is sort of like saying in 2011 Williams started Stewart but to a lesser extent.

LaFell was more diverse as a rookie.

#57 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ok so I guess you wouldn't care to explain?

Claiming Gettis was the starter over LaFell is sort of like saying in 2011 Williams started Stewart but to a lesser extent.

LaFell was more diverse as a rookie.

#58 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ok so I guess you wouldn't care to explain?

I thought I did with the RB analogy.

You said Gettis took the starting job. I haven't looked it up yet....last 8 weeks of the season look who had more snaps, targets and receptions. I would easily assume LaFell wins those....

#59 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Your rb comparison is saying Stewart is better than Williams which I know you didn't mean that. When you say took more snaps what was the stat? From what I remember if gettis wasn't in the game then who was out there running routes in his place? Lafell wasn't the only wr out there I would have to assume.

I thought I did with the RB analogy.

You said Gettis took the starting job. I haven't looked it up yet....last 8 weeks of the season look who had more snaps, targets and receptions. I would easily assume LaFell wins those....

#60 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Your rb comparison is saying Stewart is better than Williams which I know you didn't mean that. When you say took more snaps what was the stat? From what I remember if gettis wasn't in the game then who was out there running routes in his place? Lafell wasn't the only wr out there I would have to assume.

In 2011 Williams was labeled the starter....coaches however put Stewart on the field more than him and got him more touches. So claiming Williams was the starter in 11 really is deceptive.

Last 8 games of the season....LaFell was targete more and had more receptions. We weren't running 3 wide much under the Clausen era. LaFell was more diverse as a rookie....ran more routes well and used his body better. Gettis went deep better....which wasn't much of a use once we didn't have a QB that could do that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.