Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so george zimmerman's trial is underway

359 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I still think both sides are retarded. 

Zimmerman for playing Paul Blart Mall Cop and Martin for beating the poo out a man who had a gun.

Dude at least show some damn respect. You just called a deceased person retarded. SMH

Zimmerman could have avoided this situation if he just left Martin alone. He called the cops but yet he continued to follow Martin like a dumb ass. Martin probably was beating his ass and that led to him shooting Martin.

Posted · Report post

Dude at least show some damn respect. You just called a deceased person retarded. SMH

Zimmerman could have avoided this situation if he just left Martin alone. He called the cops but yet he continued to follow Martin like a dumb ass. Martin probably was beating his ass and that led to him shooting Martin.

Why should someone show respect to someone just because they're dead?

You're right that Zimmerman could have avoided this situation. Martin could have avoided it as well. They both made poor decisions, but ultimately the blame lies with Zimmerman. He set the chain of events in motion than led to the shooting.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Why should someone show respect to someone just because they're dead?

You're right that Zimmerman could have avoided this situation. Martin could have avoided it as well. They both made poor decisions, but ultimately the blame lies with Zimmerman. He set the chain of events in motion than led to the shooting.

Zimmerman kept following him after being told by the police to leave him alone. Nothing would have happened if Zimmerman wouldn't have been acting like a asshole. Martin was minding his business point blank. So how could Martin have avoided a situation that he never started?

Zimmerman needs to be in prison for the rest of his life.

Posted · Report post

Zimmerman kept following him after being told by the police to leave him alone. Nothing would have happened if Zimmerman wouldn't have been acting like a asshole. Martin was minding his business point blank. So how could Martin have avoided a situation that he never started?

Zimmerman needs to be in prison for the rest of his life.

You don't read well do you?

I clearly said the whole thing was started by Zimmerman. None of this ever would have happened if Zimmerman didn't want play tough guy neighborhood watchman. Conversely, Martin could have chosen to ignore ZImmerman being a douchebag, but he didn't. That was his poor decision. He chose to prove he was a hardass instead of just ignoring Zimmerman and sadly it cost him his life. 

Posted · Report post

You don't read well do you?

I clearly said the whole thing was started by Zimmerman. None of this ever would have happened if Zimmerman didn't want play tough guy neighborhood watchman. Conversely, Martin could have chosen to ignore ZImmerman being a douchebag, but he didn't. That was his poor decision. He chose to prove he was a hardass instead of just ignoring Zimmerman and sadly it cost him his life. 

what would you have done?

Posted · Report post

i wonder who has balls enough in here to stand up and say the United ***** College Fund is racist because it descriminates against milkshakes

i know you're in here reading.  i know some of you have already posted in this thread.

man up and say it.

Posted · Report post

what would you have done?

I would have ignored him. I would have been furious of course, but you never know what someone is capable of. You never know if someone has a gun or a knife on them. I sure as fug wouldn't approach someone. It's just not a good idea.

Posted · Report post

doesn't really seem like martin attempted to prove he was a "hardass" considering zimmerman only suffered superficial injuries and martin was shot to death

if anything it seems like zimmerman had something to prove. something along the lines of "they always get away," but not this time

Posted · Report post

I would have ignored him. I would have been furious of course, but you never know what someone is capable of. You never know if someone has a gun or a knife on them. I sure as fug wouldn't approach someone. It's just not a good idea.

So is that the right thing to do?  In the spirit of the "stand your ground law" The people of florida and several other states  believe that people have the right to face an attacker.  But ignoring that, remember that Trayvon ran away first.  What would you do then?  After you initially ran away.

Posted · Report post

while I will grant there are probably things Martin could have done that would have kept this from ending how it did, I refuse to place blame on him given what I know about the case...

Posted · Report post

FWIW

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/14/2748048/interactive-map-of-trayvon-martin.html

Here is an interactive map of the neighborhood. which shows SOME of the 911 conversation as well as when and where each of the confrontaions took place. (important to note that there was more than one)

The 7-11 that he went is in the top left. Zimmerman lived near the bottom of the map.  Trayvons house is at the bottom right, near the BACK ENTRANCE that zimmerman claimed he was running towards.

Posted · Report post

So is that the right thing to do?  In the spirit of the "stand your ground law" The people of florida and several other states  believe that people have the right to face an attacker.  But ignoring that, remember that Trayvon ran away first.  What would you do then?  After you initially ran away.

Zimmerman wasn't really an attacker. He was a stalker. He was 100% in the wrong and it is 100% his fault. You can always walk away though. Zimmerman didn't handcuff Martin or tackle him down to the ground. Unless someone physically strikes me, I'm not going to do a god damn thing except walk away. Maybe Zimmerman did strike first, we don't know because we only have one side of the story.

while I will grant there are probably things Martin could have done that would have kept this from ending how it did, I refuse to place blame on him given what I know about the case...

I'm not placing any blame on him and anyone that does is foolish. The blame is entirely with Zimmerman, but Martin could have also taken steps to avoid the situation, but instead he (likely) did what a lot of 17 year old males would do by punching a punk bitch in the face.

Zimmerman is going to get off with a light sentence, I have no doubts, but he should get the max penalty for 2nd degree murder IMO.