Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Other than DT what areas have we really improved?

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Fair question, Jarhead.  I would like to add that we have upgraded several ways:  healing, experience, and adding talent/competition.  That is the understanding that makes Gettlemen smart. 

The oline healed (Kalil) and gained very valuable experience (Silatolu).

The QB gained experience and some simplicity.

The WRs are using competition and experience to improve; look what it has done for Edwards so far.

The offense will be much better in 2013---top 12.  And we improved most on defense.

DL--3 new faces at DT and we re-signed the fourth.  All better than Fua, Kearse, Neblett, and Ron Edwards.

LB--3 first round picks starting, solid backups (Chase blackburn, AJ Klein, Senn, etc)  With better DTs, these thoroughbreds will eat.

DB-competition and new blood have made the secondary the most aggressive battle on the team.  Experience added to Thomas, Norman, Campbell, Dockery makes the team better; Florence, Mitchell, and Moore  give the team ball-hawks who are experienced.  Watch for Captain to bring it in 2013. 

Posted

Fair question, Jarhead.  I would like to add that we have upgraded several ways:  healing, experience, and adding talent/competition.  That is the understanding that makes Gettlemen smart. 

The oline healed (Kalil) and gained very valuable experience (Silatolu).

The QB gained experience and some simplicity.

The WRs are using competition and experience to improve; look what it has done for Edwards so far.

The offense will be much better in 2013---top 12.  And we improved most on defense.

DL--3 new faces at DT and we re-signed the fourth.  All better than Fua, Kearse, Neblett, and Ron Edwards.

LB--3 first round picks starting, solid backups (Chase blackburn, AJ Klein, Senn, etc)  With better DTs, these thoroughbreds will eat.

DB-competition and new blood have made the secondary the most aggressive battle on the team.  Experience added to Thomas, Norman, Campbell, Dockery makes the team better; Florence, Mitchell, and Moore  give the team ball-hawks who are experienced.  Watch for Captain to bring it in 2013. 

Posted

I cannot think of a position that will not be better if we stay healthy

Posted

I am a bit surprised that there is not bigger concern about the right side of our OL .I see Bell as a liability in our passing protection and Piggy a concern in the running game

Posted

I am a bit surprised that there is not bigger concern about the right side of our OL .I see Bell as a liability in our passing protection and Piggy a concern in the running game

Still with you on this one, particularly the RG position. Both guard positions were horrible at the beginning of the season, but Amini showed huge improvements towards the latter part of the year. That RG position never seemed to get straightened out. It was so bad, I'd be afraid of Cam or a RB getting injured. Can't allow DTs to get to the QB in less than 3 seconds or to the RB at the hand off. That just ain't gonna cut it. Quick pressure up the middle is every QBs achilles heel. 

Posted

I'd like to point out that a game has yet to be played and so we have no idea if our DTs were upgraded yet

Posted

Oh hey, Zod is back. Welcome home, man, hope everything went well.

Posted

I'd like to point out that a game has yet to be played and so we have no idea if our DTs were upgraded yet

I'm going to have to make the assumption that star is an upgrade over fua, whether a snap has been played or not....

Posted

I'm going to have to make the assumption that star is an upgrade over fua, whether a snap has been played or not....

Is short and star an upgrade over Ron and Dwan?

Posted

Is short and star an upgrade over Ron and Dwan?

Short an upgrade over dwan? Dunno, but dwans still on the team, so we won't get worse at that position. Star over Ron? Without a doubt.

Posted

Short an upgrade over dwan? Dunno, but dwans still on the team, so we won't get worse at that position. Star over Ron? Without a doubt.

Based on non contact camp practice?

Posted

Based on non contact camp practice?

He is much more talented and has a higher ceiling than Ron....so  i'm assuming when he comes in he is going have more impact.....your not gonna go into the season thinking your # 1 draft pick and  #1 DT  from the draft classes that had a very very very good DT and OL isn't going to have better impact replacing  a so so so DT.