Photo
- - - - -

Hester Done In Chicago?

Best Answer CharlottePanther, 17 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Why would we want Hester? Why would we want anyone? Why do you breathe? Why do you post? So many valid questions here. The Hester one is the easiest so ill type this slowly for you.

1) 1.8 mil is too much for Chicago so he would probably be cheaper.
2) Are we so good at WR and our Dead Last Special Teams Units that we can scoff at the idea of Hester in a Panthers Uni?
3)and finally, on what planet could anyone be dumb enough to say we have Barner(6th round rookie project) so we don't need Hester(One of the greatest return men of all time)?

Lol I thought it was kind of odd seeing everyone on here say "we have Barner" Barner is a 6th round rookie. Thats just like saying "We dont need Charles Woodson, we got Lester, havent you heard!" Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

http://profootballta...soned-by-bears/

If/when the Bears choose to move on from Hester, they’d presumably hope to trade him instead of cutting him.  The former gets him out of the division; the latter means he could end up in Detroit, Minnesota, or Green Bay.

Hester, 30, has a base salary of $1.85 million in 2013.  It’s not an excessive salary to carry, but with a new coach and a G.M. who arrived in 2012, the Bears could decide that it’s time to go younger at the position.

It's gonna be a slow few weeks around here so any news is up for discussion.  What do you think? Ginn(PR)/Hester(KR)

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

fug we already have Barner and Ginn

782073788.gif?1371433653

#3 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• HUDDLER
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

38823753.jpg

(couldn't help myself)

#4 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

This is the dumbest thread of the week and it's only Monday.

We got Ginn/Barner cmon man why would we want Hester? 

#5 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

i could think of 1.8 million ways to spend the money wiser.

#6 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Don't forget Adams/Edwards/Pilares.

But still...Hester is >>>>>Adams/Edwards/Pilares. (combined).

#7 G spot

G spot

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

not gonna lie, I would like to see him here.

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hester and Ginn is almost a push both as returners and receivers.  Would rather re-sign Kraken this season with the cap space we've created....

#9 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hester and Ginn is almost a push both as returners and receivers.  Would rather re-sign Kraken this season with the cap space we've created....

This. Also if all things are equal and we are going to hang on to one of them for a few years Ginn is a couple of years younger.

#10 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• HUDDLER
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

This is the dumbest thread of the week and it's only Monday.

We got Ginn/Barner cmon man why would we want Hester?

Why would we want Hester? Why would we want anyone? Why do you breathe? Why do you post? So many valid questions here. The Hester one is the easiest so ill type this slowly for you.

2) Are we so good at WR and our Dead Last Special Teams Units that we can scoff at the idea of Hester in a Panthers Uni?
3)and finally, on what planet could anyone be dumb enough to say we have Barner(6th round rookie project) so we don't need Hester(One of the greatest return men of all time)?

#11 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• HUDDLER
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

i could think of 1.8 million ways to spend the money wiser.

Agreed. I'm not advocating bringing in Hester. I saw the article, saw that he could be cheap, saw that this place is a ghost town and figured what the hell?

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,386 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Whether we want him or not, I'd expect his first choice - if he's let go - would be to join his old ST Coach Dave Toub in Kansas City

#13 YOLO!

YOLO!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm glad you are not our GM. Like I said we have Ginn as our return guy he is not that bad. Why waste money on a guy who will replace Ginn.

So we basically will pay Ginn to sit on the bench. SMH

We don't need another #3 option WR, if we are gonna sign another WR it should be a guy who can be the #1 WR and we don't have the money to do that right now. I would be all for this deal if we didn't sign Ginn but we did so we don't need to waste money on a player who does the same thing Ginn was brought here to do.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,501 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

If Hester is here, he'd be the full time ST returner at both spot (KR/PR). Don't see this happening. Look for a Hester to TB deal. Those two teams are recent trade partners (Brian Price, Carimi).

#15 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

• HUDDLER
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm glad you are not our GM. Like I said we have Ginn as our return guy he is not that bad. Why waste money on a guy who will replace Ginn.

So we basically will pay Ginn to sit on the bench. SMH

We don't need another #3 option WR, if we are gonna sign another WR it should be a guy who can be the #1 WR and we don't have the money to do that right now. I would be all for this deal if we didn't sign Ginn but we did so we don't need to waste money on a player who does the same thing Ginn was brought here to do.

Never said I wanted the guy. Never said we should get him. What I did do was grab a small nugget of football news about a house hold name player, bring it to the attention of this forum and ask for opinions. You have given yours and I appreciate that but seriously you might want to try some comprehension skills before you go popping off at the mouth about what someone else "said".

Btw, PR and KR are two different positions. Hester would never play WR here which I think Ginn will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.