#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,881 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

7-2

Hmmm. And I thought Scalia was the Devil.

http://www.reuters.c...E95G0K720130617

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Of all the anti-immigrant places, I find Arizona the most sad/hilarious.

Old grey hair out of staters retire there, freak out about all the Mexicans that have been there for the past few hundred years, and then look for ways to chase them out.

It's like California on steroids.

#3 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Anti-immigrant is misleading. Anti-illegal immigrant is the correct term here.

#4 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Anti-immigrant is misleading. Anti-illegal immigrant is the correct term here.

The talking heads here always just conveniently omit that very crucial word......ILLEGAL!!!!!

#5 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Of all the anti-ILLEGAL immigrant places, I find Arizona the most sad/hilarious.

Old grey hair out of staters retire there, freak out about all the Mexicans that have been there for the past few hundred years, and then look for ways to chase them out.

It's like California on steroids.

ftfy :)

Glad they retracted this, especially considering it was a half-assed rushed effort.

#6 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Actually anti-Hispanic is more accurate, but that gets everybody's deflector shields up.

#7 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Actually anti-Hispanic is more accurate, but that gets everybody's deflector shields up.

do you just assume everybody is a racist because you are? Do you really believe that a state with as diverse a population like Az has only white officials and authorities? Did you ever consider that the  legal immigrant voters might have a say in thier own states politics? Maybe the legals actually have issues with the illegals even though they come from the same hispanic nations(assuming all illegal immigrants are hispanic)? of course not, because your mind is so narrow and your heart is so shallow, that you can't begin to have a sophisticated conversation, without judging on skin color.

#8 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

do you just assume everybody is a racist because you are? Do you really believe that a state with as diverse a population like Az has only white officials and authorities? Did you ever consider that the  legal immigrant voters might have a say in thier own states politics? Maybe the legals actually have issues with the illegals even though they come from the same hispanic nations(assuming all illegal immigrants are hispanic)? of course not, because your mind is so narrow and your heart is so shallow, that you can't begin to have a sophisticated conversation, without judging on skin color.

I mainly know you in particular are racist because you say blatantly racist things. And that's on the internet. Lord knows how far you go once you have a few and you're around all white friends.

As far as Arizona, I mean have you even been there?

#9 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm blatantly racist? That's a lie. I don't share in your mentality that minorities can't make it in this country . I believe in equality. I believe anybody can do anything Ican and encourage them to do so. you seem to belittle them everytime you argue on their behalf. My arguement is based on the law. Yours is based on baiting tactics. See Iam sticking up for immigrants. The legal ones. You are negating their achievements with your desire to harbor criminals. And no, not just hispanics. All the nationalities of the world. Even white irish.  

#10 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

im currently reading a book by eduardo bonilla-silva in which he argues that modern racists employ "colorblind racism"; that a very, very small amount of ppl openly admit to being racist, yet racism persists. they'll often hide behind "the law" (as if "the law" cannot be racist lol) or vague platitudes re: "equality" and "liberty" and "freedom" which really mean little more than "preserve the status quo. protect my privilege"

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm blatantly racist? That's a lie. I don't share in your mentality that minorities can't make it in this country . I believe in equality. I believe anybody can do anything Ican and encourage them to do so. you seem to belittle them everytime you argue on their behalf. My arguement is based on the law. Yours is based on baiting tactics. See Iam sticking up for immigrants. The legal ones. You are negating their achievements with your desire to harbor criminals. And no, not just hispanics. All the nationalities of the world. Even white irish.  

Oh I know. You're not racist and the Tea Party isn't racist and people just don't understand how much y'all all love all races. In fact people are more racist against YOU.

#12 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

im currently reading a book by eduardo bonilla-silva in which he argues that modern racists employ "colorblind racism"; that a very, very small amount of ppl openly admit to being racist, yet racism persists. they'll often hide behind "the law" (as if "the law" cannot be racist lol) or vague platitudes re: "equality" and "liberty" and "freedom" which really mean little more than "preserve the status quo. protect my privilege"

Just a bit confused. B-S is saying the terms liberty and freedom are racist? I mean I guess anyone cn make anything racist but liberty, in its purest sense, is the complete opposite.

#13 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just a bit confused. B-S is saying the terms liberty and freedom are racist? I mean I guess anyone cn make anything racist but liberty, in its purest sense, is the complete opposite.

nono

just that they're incredibly vague things that mean different things to different people. it's not that they are inherently racist, but that they certainly do not eliminate the possibility of racism

#14 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,462 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

nono

just that they're incredibly vague things that mean different things to different people. it's not that they are inherently racist, but that they certainly do not eliminate the possibility of racism

Got ya, thanks.

#15 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Typical end of logic point of argument - 

unable to refute valid point negating one's argument >> decry racism without basis

This is why people constantly decrying racism no longer bears any attention for serious consideration... people that have experienced actual racism don't have to create phantom threats everywhere to justify their existence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com