Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monta Ellis to Choose Team - Charlotte Among Them

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Monta Ellis chose to pick up his early termination option on the last year of his deal making him a free agent this off season.

Although a history of injury, Monta Ellis has been a productive player when he plays and brings intensity on both the offense and defensive ends of the floor.  His option for next year was around 11mil and I think it would be difficult for him to beat that salary in the open market, however I think he is looking to lock up a long term deal instead of making bank and dealing with the frustrations of Milwaukee.

Picking up Ellis would probably mean that we choose to not re-sign Henderson as Ellis would become our starting 2 guard with MKG playing SF.  I know he isn't the A-lister we were hoping for, but I think he is a realistic option and could easily be a fan favorite for the new Hornets.

Posted

would love to bring Monta in.

Posted

Seen it reported earlier. It would be a good pick up and a great backcourt. But, wouldn't it just be the same thing as a Golden State's Curry/Ellis or Bucks' Jennings/Ellis??

I'd either take McLemore if he's there, or hold the spot for a Wiggins/Parker (SF, but should be able to play SG in the NBA) if we're lucky next year. Ellis is good but he's not the answer to get us where we want. He's a two guard and very similar to Kemba. If we want to spend money, Hickson is the way to go.

Posted

I'll pass.  We have Kemba.  Ellis is good but would demand the ball a lot and take a lot of shots.  I would hold off until next offseason to start shopping unless someone just drops in our lap(CP3/Howard but thats very doubtful)

Posted

I used to be a fan of Ellis, but he seems to be a malcontent and for all the scoring he does, he doesn't ever make his teams any better.  I don't want him interfering with Kemba's development either.  I'll pass.

Posted

I like Monta, I'm just unsure of how he and Kemba would gel.

I would trust Cho's judgement if we signed him.

Posted

The steals would be nice to add to Kemba/MKG; but he would probably want 12-14 million to come here, multiple years, for a short SG whose shot has consistently dropped off to pathetic levels (especially from 3)...no thank you.  

Posted

No.  Monta's game has fallen off quite a bit the past few seasons, not sure if its injuries or what but he cant shoot anymore.  He doesnt have that same quickness to get in the lane, and doesnt have the jumper to compensate for it.  And he is a bad defender

Posted

No to the small backcourt idea. It hasn't work since Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.

Posted

No do not want. Don't really see the point of adding him especially for the $ he will command. 

Posted

Yeah let's bring in Ellis and draft Bennett so we can have the smallest lineup in nba history lol

Posted

Yeah I love Ellis but he just doesn't fit. Great scorer and fun player to watch but his size would hurt and we would be stuck where Golden State was when it was Ellis and Curry