Just trade the damn pick for Bosh.

#62 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Keep in mind when talking about Noel's nody that he reclassified as a Senior in high school when he was a junior. Dude should be going into his freshman year in college.

Also don't get so caught up in weight. That is misleading. I played basketball in college. Our strongest guy in the weight room was also the skinniest. I outweighed him by nearly 50 pounds and he could bench more than I could.

I agree that offensive polish is a concern and I am more concerned with his health than his skill set.

If he stays healthy he will be very good in the NBA especially on defense.

#63 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Keep in mind when talking about Noel's nody that he reclassified as a Senior in high school when he was a junior. Dude should be going into his freshman year in college.

Also don't get so caught up in weight. That is misleading. I played basketball in college. Our strongest guy in the weight room was also the skinniest. I outweighed him by nearly 50 pounds and he could bench more than I could.

I agree that offensive polish is a concern and I am more concerned with his health than his skill set.

He will be Theo Ratlif. If that's good enough for everybody then let's pick him then.

#64 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

during last season I wanted Noel because I felt like he was the most assured thing- at the least a good defender and rebounder. Now out of the top six guys: Oladipo, Len, McLemore, Porter, Bennet, and Noel.....I feel like Noel might be the least assured due to his tiny frame and knee problem.

I'll be fine with whoever we draft (except for Porter and Noel). I honestly don't think this year's piece is going to change our team at all, and thus it doesn't really matter to me who we get. 

#65 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

a) bench press doesn't translate to basketball all that well. see Kevin Durant

B) how long were his arms and how long were yours

c)in his prime, Shaq was tossing around other centers like rag-dolls because he was so much more  physical than them. 

#66 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

a) bench press doesn't translate to basketball all that well. see Kevin Durant

B) how long were his arms and how long were yours

c)in his prime, Shaq was tossing around other centers like rag-dolls because he was so much more physical than them.

I was using bench press as an example. He was wirey but very strong.

#67 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,185 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

Noel is an athletic freak at 6'11. IF he fully recovers which is a big question mark.

Don't get me wrong I would rather have a guy with more polish like Len. I personally am a little tired of drafting guys that will need to develop offensively.

But let's not act like Noel is just some ho hum dime a dozen type prospect.

A lot of the players people talk about coming into college that make them think next year's draft will be so loaded. Well Noel was rated higher than all of them except Wiggins in high school. That is for a reason.

Having said that I would like to see us get Len or McLemore or Oladipo over Noel. I am still a little worried about Bennett and his size as a PF.

#68 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,818 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Just trade the damn pick for Bosh.

I second that. McLemore is my guy in this draft. Chances are that we're not going to land him anyway. If the rumors about us wanting a "BIG" are true, I would rather go the Bosh route. Len, Noel, Zeller, and Bennett are all intriguing, but all comes with some many question marks. Bosh is clearly a better player than what he showed in the playoffs/finals. 

#69 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,818 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is the only reason why I wouldnt want Nerlens Noel. He look and talk too much like this guy:

noel1_zpsd6a1533c.png

(credit to PAINT lol)

#70 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

I don't want him based on the fact that he isn't a scorer and may not even play next year. 

#71 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

And Noel has an entorage claiming he will be in movies...too Iconey....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users