Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Len "I'd Love To Play With Kemba Walker"

54 posts in this topic

Posted

Full Article: http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2013/06/alex-len-in-charlotte-compares-himself-to-zydrunas-ilgauskas.html

“I’m 7-1 or 7-2 (in sneakers). I’m pretty agile. And I can step out and shoot, which makes me different from other (big) guys.’’

Then Len, who’s from the Ukraine, noted how often he’s compared to Zydrunas Ilgauskas, the Cleveland Cavaliers center who played in the NBA from 1997 through 2011.

Len, a gymnast in his youth (he did it because he likes Jackie Chan movies), started playing basketball at the relatively late age of 13. He averaged 11.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks as a Maryland sophomore before turning pro.

Len says his skill set will likely fit better in the NBA than it did in college basketball. As he noted, the spacing is better in the pros, so it’s harder to constantly double-team the center.

Asked how he’d feel about playing for the Bobcats, Len was effusive about one thing: “I would love to play with Kemba’’ Walker.

The Bobcats hold their first pre-draft workouts Wednesday at Time Warner Cable Arena. Look for Indiana big man Cody Zeller, younger brother of former North Carolina center Tyler, to be among the participants.

AlexLen.jpg

Posted

Would be the best PG he ever played with.

Posted

It needs to happen.

Even at Kemba's height, he could still effectively run the pick and roll if he had a 7'2 guy out there to throw the ball to.

Posted

I think I have made up my mind that he is the guy I want. I just hope hr is still available

1 person likes this

Posted

Like Len, Love Bennett.  Happy with either.

Posted

McLemore and Len are neck to neck on my board, but I would also love to have Noel.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't end up with Len.

Posted

What happened to the Oladipo love?

Posted

What happened to the Oladipo love?

There never was any

Posted

Of course he would! So would anyone who shouldn't even be a lottery pick.

Posted

Of course he would! So would anyone who shouldn't even be a lottery pick.

You're an idiot lol

If he's not supposed to be a lottery pick then why is Cleveland considering taking him with the first pick?

Posted

You're an idiot lol

If he's not supposed to be a lottery pick then why is Cleveland considering taking him with the first pick?

1) It was an exaggeration. I know he's a lottery pick but I wouldn't take him above 7.

2) Chill out with the personal attacks.

3) How do you know Cleveland is considering him with the first pick? It's called a rumor for a reason. For all you know, Cleveland could be using that as a smokescreen or Len's guys could have started it to increase his draft stock.