Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alex Len "I'd Love To Play With Kemba Walker"

54 posts in this topic

The rumor was started with Jimmy Smith, the Pelicans beat writer, while Len was in a workout in New Orleans. All other "rumors" extend from his tweet.

As for why he would say that.....

A ) The Cavaliers called and told the Pelicans that they were picking Len. That doesn't seem very likely....

B ) Len told him that the Cavs were picking him. Why would Len say that? To hope that people fall for it and he looks better in other people's eyes. Looks like it worked.

The rumor was started with Jimmy Smith, the Pelicans beat writer, while Len was in a workout in New Orleans. All other "rumors" extend from his tweet.

As for why he would say that.....

A ) The Cavaliers called and told the Pelicans that they were picking Len. That doesn't seem very likely....

B ) Len told him that the Cavs were picking him. Why would Len say that? To hope that people fall for it and he looks better in other people's eyes. Looks like it worked.

It would make sense if Cleveland wants to trade the pick.

I hope we take Len.  We have passed on too many good bigs in the first.  I don't think he's soft like Mullens, so I don't believe that's a fair comparison.   A lot of people think he wasn't even used to his full potential in college.  It's time to get some young, big bodies down low on this team.  

Dont settle on this guy, hes not BPA #4. much rather sign al jefferson in free agency

Dont settle on this guy, hes not BPA #4. much rather sign al jefferson in free agency

So who should we settle on?

An out of shape McLemore

Another defensive minded big in Noel

A small tweener in Bennett

A one-dimensional shooting guard in Oladipo

What do you suggest?

So you want to draft a power forward that isn't even taller than our small forward and then sign a 6-10 center in what might possibly be the smallest front court in the NBA?

How about drafting a true center in Len and then signing Jefferson to play power forward.

A while back I listed tweeners that have succeeded in the past 15 years and literally the only one was LeBron James.

I think he's the best big.  And that's the area we've been dominated at since, well our existence.   We need C/PF help bad and I just don't see a clear cut PF that we should take at our spot, not when we need a true center.

Len had a big game vs. Noel/Cauley-Stein and UK, but at times I felt like he's not as offensively polished as I thought. Len had some difficult times putting in easy baskets. Still, like him a lot though.