Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update: Aaron Hernandez Charged with Murder/ Cut by the Patriots

717 posts in this topic

Posted

unfortunately I will have to act and talk like a Patriots fans to all my supervisors.

52448658_disgusted_gif.gif?w=680

2 people like this

Posted

52448658_disgusted_gif.gif?w=680

My thoughts/reaction exactly. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate the Pats, I'm not gonna lie, but I think I could put on a happy face and do my job.

idk about New Orleans.  I don't think I could.

I do know that I would try and steal some info from them to help when we play them on MNF... hint, hint...

2 people like this

Posted

Hernandez is really hoping that the Bs win the cup, and everyone will forget about him.

Posted

I get hired as an intern by the Patriots front office and then this story breaks... I guess I am bad luck.

If you hear of any openings with the Saints or Falcons, apply immediately.

4 people like this

Posted

What is your definition of "fine"? He'd still be atleast an accessory to murder.

To get the real gunman who killed the guy they can give Hernandez obstruction of justice to dime his friends. That's alot better then accessory which is fine to me if I had to pick

Posted

Yeah I just think that possibility is remote though, and beyond that I highly doubt he gets off scot-free.

There is a reason police are taking their time with this, and not to mention the fact of Hernandez allegedly attempting to destroy evidence. There is also the issue of him shooting some guy in the face back in February too.

Not to mention what all this is going to do to his career in the NFL.

Are there clauses in contracts about off the field behavior that essentially can void it? Like murder?

I'm sure the Pats have a clause that says if he's not able to play that they can void his contract... I would assume prison kicks that in.

Voiding his contract is not even a concern. It's that huge multi million dollar signing bonus he got that they're going to go after. Something like 15 mill if I remember correctly

Posted

To get the real gunman who killed the guy they can give Hernandez obstruction of justice to dime his friends. That's alot better then accessory which is fine to me if I had to pick

If he's directly involved in this murder, you seriously think he's going to just get off with obstruction of justice? This isn't a television show. If all the police could get on him were that they would have arrested him already.

Posted

Voiding his contract is not even a concern. It's that huge multi million dollar signing bonus he got that they're going to go after. Something like 15 mill if I remember correctly

True. It's 16 million. According to this article, so far he's only been paid 9.25 million in a signing bonus.

Posted

True. It's 16 million. According to this article, so far he's only been paid 9.25 million in a signing bonus.

The signing bonus is paid all at once. Its only the cap hit that's spread out over time.

Posted

Just an update: Police searched Hernandez home again...Left with what seemed like multiple evidence bags.

Posted

Just an update: Police searched Hernandez home again...Left with what seemed like multiple evidence bags.

According to Kevin Armstrong of the New York Daily News, two police dogs have been taken into the house.