Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your fraternity brothers in the NFL

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I find it hilarious how these frat guys feel some kind of kinship with a dude they've never met and wouldn't recognize them out of a lineup, unless they were wearing their topsiders and backwards visor. You paid for friends in college, which is like the easiest place in the world to make friends and party. But in the same breath mention that .... you win because you got to drink and party? Doesn't everyone do that anyways? Some just pay for it.

So which fraternity didn't give you a bid?

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

TKE from UNCC here

ECU! I didn't know UNCC had a chapter.

Posted · Report post

Debating on putting my all boys catholic high on here. This list would beat out all of yours lol

Probably not but its a good list

Posted · Report post

fellow chopper!

In ZAX, brothers!
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I Felta Thi

Ben Roethlisberger

Lawrence Taylor

Eric Green

David Meggett

Michael Irvin

I don't hold a stereo type to a person until proven otherwise.  With that being said, of course Ben was in a frat.

Posted · Report post

Friends that I actually made in college (ie- they actually know me and it wouldnt take attending some kind of national convention for them to even know I were alive) that I didn't have to pay for that are professional athletes:

Audie Cole, Vikings
George Bryan, Browns
Earl Wolff, Eagles
Mario Williams, Bills

But please, go ahead and brag about pro football players that their only connection to you is that you both paid dues to the same national chapter of some fraternity when you were at two separate colleges five years apart.

Posted · Report post

Kappa Alpha Psi

Posted · Report post

I find it hilarious how these frat guys feel some kind of kinship with a dude they've never met and wouldn't recognize them out of a lineup, unless they were wearing their topsiders and backwards visor. You paid for friends in college, which is like the easiest place in the world to make friends and party. But in the same breath mention that .... you win because you got to drink and party? Doesn't everyone do that anyways? Some just pay for it.

Yep, I paid an exorbitant amount of money to be in a frat($300 a semester). Not so much for the friends though, that came anyway. I paid for an experience, and what I got I wouldn't trade for anything. Not only that, but the things my brothers and I did for the community and charity events were invaluable to me. It taught me things that I have needed in my day to day. I don't expect independents to understand or even appreciate what it is to be in a fraternity, most of what you think you know is based on some dumbass movie or what you think are frat boys at a tailgate with their visors, boat shoes, popped colar polos, sunglasses and croakies. That's not even close to who we were/are. I will have to say though, ECU TKE parties were pretty epic. So to your point, I paid, I pledged and Im damn proud of it.

LAMBDA PSI TILL I DIE!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

well this has turned out to be an edgier topic than i expected

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sorry GreekO's I made my friends the ol fashioned way...by being likable.

No Tri Lambs in the NFL I know of!

Posted · Report post

I never paid to join a frat. 80% of all the guys at gettysburg college pledged when I was there in the early 70s.  The drinking age was 21 and the town folks didn't cater to college students.  You could drink at a fraternity no matter your age and we had outrageous keg parties which usually only included those frats who contributed kegs and of course all the girls that wanted to attend.  Frat members lived in the houses and ate there as well. Food was much better than the campus food. We usually had kegs on tap and free beer for brothers most weekends.