• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Paula Deen

wee bit of a logical stretch there

I'm gonna need GS to defend his comparison of the huddle's behavior to the southern strategy in 5000 words or more.

coded language, something the apologists on this board refuse to believe is real (which is strange considering how often they use it). it's no stretch.

then there's the fact that, say, suggesting that "thug" is a racial codeword is bannable because it's an accusation of racism. it's fuging laughable.

I see the J and R words are finally censored. Good job. 

the problem is they've divorced intent from the word with their filter, so that "(slurs) are poor fathers" is ok bc (some) slurs are censored and "african americans are poor fathers" is ok because there aren't any slurs in that statement. actually zod doesn't see anything wrong with the latter statement, and has in fact made that very argument by choosing to ignore the external factors that contribute to the rate of broken homes.

the good ol boys club truly believes that you can't be racist without donning a white pointy hood and dropping slurs* in which case hey, even that's fine, because (some) slurs are filtered and we can't tell who's hiding inside their hood and robe

*unless you have the audacity to draw parallels between arguments made here to arguments made on stormfront, in which case you're the most racist thing since affirmative action, the civil rights act, and the emancipation proclamation combined. thankfully we took care of the one true racist, KT

there are the "left handed racists" as i like to call them, that truly believe non-whites to be so inferior that they cannot acheive success without the help of caucasians, and therefore need our protection and guidance.   bless their hearts, they don't know any better, its the environment they were raised in, blah blah blah.  the enablers, the concerned mothers that see minorities more as some kind of twisted responsibility

both sides have their own form of racism

there are the "left handed racists" as i like to call them, that truly believe non-whites to be so inferior that they cannot acheive success without the help of caucasians, and therefore need our protection and guidance.   bless their hearts, they don't know any better, its the environment they were raised in, blah blah blah.  the enablers, the concerned mothers that see minorities more as some kind of twisted responsibility

both sides have their own form of racism

that's certainly how carolina husker awkwardly attempted to portray me, but i've very clearly argued that there are legitimate, institutional barriers to equality here in america

i know what you're talking about though. we typically call those types of ppl "liberals"

i wouldn't say all liberals are racist anymore than i would conservatives

but after all we've done for those people, the least the can do is not call us racists on a message board

amirite?

So do you ban people for saying "Black people don't listen to AM radio" or "At least American Indians didn't get sold by their own"?

Both statements are racist, but do you straight up ban people for that?  And we're not even getting into all the dog whistle racism that people have gotten so good at. You'd never hear the end of it if you threw out folks for that. 

Sure I could be wrong, but I personally think it's telling that the black/Hispanic/etc posters ever come out and say "I think you're going a little overboard, Del. This place ain't so bad."

As a black guy, (kurb can vouch if he remembers me), I can confirm Reddit is much more racist than the Huddle... like 100 times more racist.

Edit: as for PD, yea she deserved all she got. I know that there is a company that sells themselves to be slaves for re-enactment, but how fuged up do you have to be to actually buy it? Thats like saying paying a guy to come up the rear on you doesn't make you gay(no offense if that's your thing) because he wanted to do it and you paid him.... think about that...

zod pretty much proved everything KT said was right when he banned him

Lol stick to fishing

Hey look a GS and PSC circle jerk! Rare to see in the wild. Well, not really.

Judging intent is a very slippery slope Cantrell.

There would be no room for disagreement at all or a need for the TBox.

I think it fine to discuss why you think black families have disentegrated. Does not mean you hate blacks or are racist.

I mean come on, if you say "white mans burden", should we take that as a racist statement because it is not flowery toward whites, but in fact indicts all whites?

You can't be in such a cocoon that insulates you or a race from criticism, which by the way, is not racism. You could offer a lot to converstions and arguments, but you shoot yourself in the foot a lot with the immediate cries of racism. It is Delhommey-ish.

Judging intent is a very slippery slope Cantrell.

This was my entire point to KT in private messages. He wanted us to ban anyone that had any vague racial overtones in their posts. I tried explaining to him that we cannot start banning on subtext or intent. Its way too easy to go from there to an overly moderated douchbag forum.

Here was a response to him ....

You know I like you, but in all honesty what you see as racially driven criticism of Cam is speculation. I can't moderate what you perceive to be racism. If they come out and say racist things against Cam or anyone else they will be banned, I've done it twice this week. But assuming any criticism is racist is not what is going to happen here.

As such, you cannot call people racist on this board based on your own assumptions.Calling people racist is a personal attack. I assume you haven't met any of these people in real life. To pass judgement on them and call them a racist is out of bounds here. If you can't ignore them, then it is best you don't post here.

My best advice is just to put anyone you feel of having unworthy opinions on ignore.

Yep, operating a site like this definitely has its challenges. I think the Cam as QB thing opened up long held emotions from both sides that never came out when we were looking at an OT for example or a LB.

The whole QB thing and the long history of blacks being perceived as not smart enough to run an offense had both sides on edge. So, both sides were looking, and looking hard to defend their positions. This is obviously what KT was watching out for or trying to quell.

I did not want to use the 1st pick at all that year but would rather have traded down, course that is my cry each season, even when we picked Keek. Hope I am wrong on both counts.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    enawilliam

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts