570 replies to this topic

#381 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

SZ would be better off enlightening people instead of saying things of that nature. I know where he is coming from. That deon cole vid is distasteful for a number of reasons. Explain to people why. When you give snark comments like ^ above you offend people. its not necessarily racism from Darth, I think its just woeful ignorance. And i don't mean that as a slight on Darth. New perspectives give deeper understanding. I mean no disresepect to anyone.

That is the problem i have with the tinderbox. egos get in the way too much.

This is apparently what SZ won't do... have a meaningful discussion.

How is it woeful ignorance?  The guy is making fun of Dean and at the same time joking about her food.

If I had thought for one second that the video was offensive I wouldn't have posted it.  He's a big time (now) comedian with a TV show... that's not to say he can't be controversial, but I found it not only funny, but putting Dean in her place.

I'm curious as to how Deon Cole making a living being funny makes him an Uncle Tom.  

Is Daniel Tosh a racist?  He uses race in his comedy all the time.

#382 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

This thread is fun.

If anyone is interested in an actual history/race discussion/proper definitions of racism/bigotry/prejudice, I highly recommend checking out the work and books of Dr. Rupert Nacoste from State. Good talks about the age of neo-diversity we're in, inter-group anxieties, and how there are no innocent among other things.  

#383 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

SZ would be better off enlightening people instead of saying things of that nature. I know where he is coming from. That deon cole vid is distasteful for a number of reasons. Explain to people why. When you give snark comments like ^ above you offend people. its not necessarily racism from Darth, I think its just woeful ignorance. And i don't mean that as a slight on Darth. New perspectives give deeper understanding. I mean no disresepect to anyone.

That is the problem i have with the tinderbox. egos get in the way too much.

Of course it's distasteful, it's a cable comedy show.

Let me get this straight. A fat southern old woman tv cook makes a ton of racist remarks and you expect comedians not to make jokes about it?

It was a funny bit. I would have do be a clueless douchenozzle to take it seriously and call him a racist slur because of it. It was a comedy bit, not a nytimes op-ed

#384 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

That nick cannon skit psc posted was pretty funny too

#385 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Wondering how that skit "put dean in her place"

He did nothing but justify/downplay everything she did and forgave her because mac and cheese yo

#386 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

This is apparently what SZ won't do... have a meaningful discussion.

How is it woeful ignorance?  The guy is making fun of Dean and at the same time joking about her food.

If I had thought for one second that the video was offensive I wouldn't have posted it.  He's a big time (now) comedian with a TV show... that's not to say he can't be controversial, but I found it not only funny, but putting Dean in her place.

I'm curious as to how Deon Cole making a living being funny makes him an Uncle Tom.  

Is Daniel Tosh a racist?  He uses race in his comedy all the time.

Of course it's distasteful, it's a cable comedy show.

Let me get this straight. A fat southern old woman tv cook makes a ton of racist remarks and you expect comedians not to make jokes about it?

It was a funny bit. I would have do be a clueless douchenozzle to take it seriously and call him a racist slur because of it. It was a comedy bit, not a nytimes op-ed

It's not necessarily about you two personally, it is about the american population as a whole and perpetuating the stereotype. Just because you get it, doesn't mean the rest of America gets it.

There are still ignorant people watching shows like that who don't understand the jokes.  When media in general has perpetuated this time and time again it feeds into the stereotypes. Dave Chappelle comes into mind and why he quit his show.  As i've said time and time again, there are dumb people and there are stupid people and there are people who are full of poo. Which is why I posted that Carlin video.  

I look through all of this media (which the American population especially this generation sees and identifies with a black stereotype).

I see craig robinson and his "i seent this," dave chappelle's tyronne biggums, and martin lawrence dressing up as a female in "big momma's house." it gives the impression of dumb, cross-dressing black people as the norm. Americans as a whole are ignorant. i truly believe that from my day to day interactions.

when i say woeful ignorance i don't mean you are racist or incapable of seeing that people are people. It's more of perpetuating the media stereotype.  I'm a 25 year old white man, but i've noticed this frequently. Doesn't mean it's not funny. I've laughed at all of these things and made jokes about it.  but i would like to hear your guys examples of the opposite. Media plays a powerful role in American society. But maybe this is all i have seen/witnessed.

#387 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's not necessarily about you two personally, it is about the american population as a whole and perpetuating the stereotype. Just because you get it, doesn't mean the rest of America gets it.

There are still ignorant people watching shows like that who don't understand the jokes. When media in general has perpetuated this time and time again it feeds into the stereotypes. Dave Chappelle comes into mind and why he quit his show. As i've said time and time again, their are dumb people and their are stupid people and there are people who are full of shit. Which is why I posted that Carlin video.

I look through all of this media (which the American population especially this generation sees and identifies with a black stereotype).

I see craig robinson and his "i seent this," dave chappelle's tyronne biggums, and martin lawrence dressing up as a female in "big momma's house." it gives the impression of dumb, cross-dressing black people as the norm. Americans as a whole are ignorant. i truly believe that from my day to day interactions.

when i say woeful ignorance i don't mean you are racist or incapable of seeing that people are people. It's more of perpetuating the media stereotype. I'm a 25 year old white man, but i've noticed this frequently. Doesn't mean it's not funny. I've laughed at all of these things and made jokes about it. but i would like to hear your guys examples of the opposite. Media plays a powerful role in American society. But maybe this is all i have seen/witnessed.

If we watered down all comedy so that ignorant people don't get the wrong idea, all we would have left would be Dane Cook.

#388 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Wondering how that skit "put dean in her place"

He did nothing but justify/downplay everything she did and forgave her because mac and cheese yo

Its almost as if he was joking around.

#389 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

That nick cannon skit psc posted was pretty funny too

You thought so? I thought it was pretty dumb and not funny in the slightest.

#390 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Its almost as if he was joking around.

maybe I'm joking around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users