#46 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,289 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Lots of folks get bant, warned, etc without YOU PEOPLE (members) knowing.

Of course thats hard for the staff to do with all the oppression and hate speech we have produce...

I'm sure that happens which is why I asked... but SOMEBODY is seeing what's being posted before it's deleted.  Is this what he's referring to?

If I see a post like that I do report it and I'm sure others do too.

FWIW I think that there is a LOT of confirmation bias going on... such as a certain poster accusing Zod of his "subtext" in another thread.... ie, posters assuming that someone is being racist.  

Also note I'm not saying there aren't racist posters on here... I'm sure there have been and are... it's the internet.  I just don't see it as being so all fired rampant as some are portraying it to be.

PS - the pie is for You People.

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

I like it when people in the Carolinas pretend their college football is relevant.

Why are you so hurtful?

#48 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,897 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

Yeah, some people imply things with subtlety when they can't vent and come right out and say it(like when people say "certain posters"). What a novel concept.

People just suddenly stopped being bigoted once they removed racial epithets from their vernacular. Yep.

#49 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Yeah, some people imply things with subtlety when they can't vent and come right out and say it(like when people say "certain posters"). What a novel concept.

People just suddenly stopped being bigoted once they removed racial epithets from their vernacular. Yep.

Wait, are you referring to yourself?

#50 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,897 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

Wait, are you referring to yourself?

I speak what I feel

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,289 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well I was just trying to avoid getting into it again but I'm pretty sure you know I'm referring to your best bud Cantrell.

...and no, removing racial epithets won't stop anyone from being bigoted, I was just using that as an example of the forum being moderated.

#52 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

I speak what I feel

True, that's your biggest flaw.

#53 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,556 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well I was just trying to avoid getting into it again but I'm pretty sure you know I'm referring to your best bud Cantrell.

...and no, removing racial epithets won't stop anyone from being bigoted, I was just using that as an example of the forum being moderated.

So do you ban people for saying "Black people don't listen to AM radio" or "At least American Indians didn't get sold by their own"?

Both statements are racist, but do you straight up ban people for that?  And we're not even getting into all the dog whistle racism that people have gotten so good at. You'd never hear the end of it if you threw out folks for that. 

Sure I could be wrong, but I personally think it's telling that the black/Hispanic/etc posters ever come out and say "I think you're going a little overboard, Del. This place ain't so bad."

#54 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

So do you ban people for saying "Black people don't listen to AM radio" or "At least American Indians didn't get sold by their own"?

Both statements are racist, but do you straight up ban people for that? And we're not even getting into all the dog whistle racism that people have gotten so good at. You'd never hear the end of it if you threw out folks for that.

Sure I could be wrong, but I personally think it's telling that the black/Hispanic/etc posters ever come out and say "I think you're going a little overboard, Del. This place ain't so bad."

You can tell who is black or Hispanic on a message board?

#55 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Alejandro is my favorite Hispanic poster.....

#56 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,289 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

Both statements are racist, but do you straight up ban people for that?  And we're not even getting into all the dog whistle racism that people have gotten so good at. You'd never hear the end of it if you threw out folks for that. 

Well by your logic we're both right then because I haven't seen any black/hispanic/etc posters saying that I'm wrong either... SZ James is the only black poster in any of these threads for the most part...  and I suspect he'll dispute anything I say just because it's me and he's made it clear that he feels the same as you. (I'm also not counting KT bc he thought everything was racist)

I would love to hear what Dpantherman, chef17, Ivan the awesome, sagaciouspanther, FoF and others have to say instead of a bunch of white guys all sitting around talking about it.  

As far as your "quote" (which is not what I meant btw) I don't know where you draw that line, I don't have that answer.  Those quotes certainly have a racial tint to them... are they outright racist?  idk.  We've had the whole stereotype discussion before and pretty much got nowhere with it. 

I'll say it again too... I'm not saying there aren't racist posters on here... what I am saying is that I think that the board is fairly moderated.  When posters have said inappropriate things, they've been dealt with by both the members and the mods.

#57 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I said J A P S before and I apologize.....

#58 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,897 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Actually my opinion isn't based on the existence of nc biscuit, it stays pretty consistant whether you're around or not.

#59 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

If they did they'd be called an uncle tom, sell out, or a house boy by all the racist agitators here.

#60 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,708 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

testing 1 2

Dirka Dirka Muhammad Jihad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com