• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#11 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

At the end of the day I want the XBOX 180 to sell well (although I won't be buying one).

The last thing we need is a monopoly on the console market. Competition is great for the consumer.

This would have never happened if Sony weren't competing with them.  So thank you Sony.  I still don't like the idea of every console having to have a Kinect.  I have no use for it.  Now all they need to do to definitely get my business back is offer the new Xbox without the Kinect.  As it stands I'm probably still leaning towards getting a PS4, but I don't think I'll be getting one on day one in any case.  I may see how it all plays out and see if either of the hardware have any major issues.  I'm not going through the RROD again.

#12 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Oh sweet jesus I can finally get my dudebro shooter fix

THANK YOU MICROSOFT

*SLUUUURP*

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

the Xbox one should be known as XBOX 180 from now on, because that is what it is for MS

#14 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• LocationKansas City
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

Kinect requirement is still a deal-breaker... not interested in having a(nother?) camera and mic hooked up at all times.

#15 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

I actually like the idea of dumping used games, I think MS fuged up by not going further and eliminating physical discs.  The Steam model is the way to go. 

I would rather see the money spent on used game sales go to the developer

#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

The Kinect is still a problem for me, although I was hoping they'd keep the rest and go the steam route and offer weekly sales to make the DRM not a big deal. People on Steam don't care about the DRM anymore because of all the sales. 

I wasn't getting a Xbox one at launch because I wanted to make sure they were going to have the sales before jumping aboard. 

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

I started out with the ps one. Then ps2, moved to the xbox 360, bought a ps3. I'm now going back to the Playstation solely because of the price. Before it was because of all the bull MS wants to RAM down our throats and this whole "elitist" demographic they are trying to create by their initial plans. I love the xbox 360 but I'm not paying 500 dollars for that system. Some may say $100 isn't much savings but when you're not making dollars, you tend to be frugal. Ms has rubbed me the wrong way as of late. The PS4 has so much going for it.

#18 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I actually like the idea of dumping used games, I think MS fuged up by not going further and eliminating physical discs. The Steam model is the way to go.

I would rather see the money spent on used game sales go to the developer

if they do that though they would need to substantially drop the prices on their games like on steam and they won't do that so it doesn't matter

#19 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

TAKE IT IN THE POOPER FOR COOPER

HUDDLER

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

still a piece of poo

#20 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

if they do that though they would need to substantially drop the prices on their games like on steam and they won't do that so it doesn't matter

Dropping the price in the months after a game comes out is profit-maximizing 101

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users