Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im only excited by 3 people, all on defense

60 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton is off to a historical start production wise....how does his potential going forward not draw excitement.

CJ IMO needs to step up. He disappeared too much last season....to a degree he disappeared like so many claimed Pep did.

Players have slumps. Big deal.

Posted · Report post

Players have slumps. Big deal.

Was a big deal around here when Peppers "disappeared".

Should CJ not get held to a comparable standard?

That was CJ's second season into a mega deal...devote that much to one guy and I would think it matters more than a reasonably paid person
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

CJ slumped? Yeah, sack numbers are the be all end all, mmhmm. CJ played great, as did Hardy, no idea what sport ya'll are watching.

Posted · Report post

Was a big deal around here when Peppers "disappeared".

Should CJ not get held to a comparable standard?

That was CJ's second season into a mega deal...devote that much to one guy and I would think it matters more than a reasonably paid person

Big difference in the way they had no production games.  CJ is a coin toss, if he's getting sacks, he's getting sacks - doesn't matter who the opponent is.   CJ (Hardy too) also generate a ton of pressure even if they arent getting sacks (think of our first saints game last year, we hardly could sack brees caz of his stupid release and that dink n dunk offense they run, but we made his life hell and forced many bad decisions).

Peppers on the other hand was completely predictable.  Playing the lions?  Pepp will drop 3 sacks and a FF, maybe a tackle for loss or two.  Playing the Patriots?  Zilch.

Pepp constantly demolished poor teams and never seemed to do much when playing good teams.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Even special teams should be exciting. Even if we get nothing out of barner ginn is always a threat to take it to the house.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't believe anyone could complain about a double digit sack season along with good run defense and almost no interior pressure. Peppers wasn't playing alongside the likes of Fua.

Posted · Report post

Love seeing Cam eluding pass rushers, steppibg and standing tall in the pocket, with hus rocket arm.
I love watching Stewart run over and through people even though he's shifty enough he doesn't have to.
I love watcgung tolbert bowl people over.
I love watching steve smith be steve smith.
I love watching Olsen make catches look easy.
I love watching lafell make clutch catches, and occasionally getting behind his defender with his sneaky speed.
that's just on offense. The defense is even more fun to watch.

Posted · Report post

Hardy, CJ and Luke

Nobody about the offense excites me

This sounds like a personal problem to me and a good example for the need to down-grade some posts until they fall off the board completely.

Posted · Report post

CJ slumped? Yeah, sack numbers are the be all end all, mmhmm. CJ played great, as did Hardy, no idea what sport ya'll are watching.

I don't think CJ played great in 2012. He wasn't consistant enough. It was a Peppers like season....huge one week, nowhere 2 weeks after.

Posted · Report post

tcnAc.gif

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't think CJ played great in 2012. He wasn't consistant enough. It was a Peppers like season....huge one week, nowhere 2 weeks after.

Sacks are, by their very nature, an inconsistent stat. But if you look at his game-by-game log of total pressures you would see he was in fact quite consistent at wreaking havoc. PFF has him graded positively in pass rush for 14 out of 16 weeks, and with multiple QB hurries in 12 of 16 weeks.

Posted · Report post

Excited to see Luke roam free, excited to see Cam pull off some amazing stuff when the play breaks down, and excited to watch our run game become what it can be....love me some Tolbert screens