• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

If that's all you are excited about maybe it's time you find a new team.

We have two new young DTs

Cam coming of the best first two seasons as a qb in nfl history

Beason coming back

Shula taking over as OC

Chud is gone

A new return man in Ted Ginn something we have been lacking for some time.

Josh Norman's progression

Armanti might finally be getting it

Amini's second season

Chud is gone

Ron Rivera's growth as a coach

Gettleman managing the team for his first season

Chud is gone

I mean there is a lot to be excited about with this football team other than Luke, CJ, and Hardy.

Um why in the hell would shula taking over as OC excite anyone??!?

Scares the poo out of me! 

#47 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

CJ still had 10 games without a sack...Peppers was vilified for such

For me and a lot of other people, Peppers was an effort issue not a numbers issue.  It's plain to everyone that has ever seen him that Peppers is likely the most athletically gifted DE to play the game.  Peppers made plays that no one including Charles Johnson could make.  He was faster than most LB's and a vast majority of running backs.  He had the wingspan of a 747, he was strong as any DE in the league.  This is what made and still makes people shake their heads.  Charles Johnson shows consistent effort, and has comparable if not better numbers than Peppers. The problem is Charles Johnson is 80% of the athlete Julius Peppers is.   I am and will always be a Julius Peppers fan, however his lack of effort in certain games especially with his talent makes him disappointing sometimes.

#48 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Every fan should be excited about his team in the offseason. That's what falling in love with a team does. Sometimes it dissapoints or hurts you, sometimes it puts your head in the clouds. Whatever it does, you just don't bail out on it.

#49 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hardy, CJ and Luke

Nobody about the offense excites me

Based on your nick name i am a litle surprised..

And by the way i am your opposite i am exited by the whole team !

GO PANTHERS!

#50 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

If that's all you are excited about maybe it's time you find a new team.

We have two new young DTs

Cam coming of the best first two seasons as a qb in nfl history

Beason coming back

Shula taking over as OC

Chud is gone

A new return man in Ted Ginn something we have been lacking for some time.

Josh Norman's progression

Armanti might finally be getting it

Amini's second season

Chud is gone

Ron Rivera's growth as a coach

Gettleman managing the team for his first season

Chud is gone

I mean there is a lot to be excited about with this football team other than Luke, CJ, and Hardy.

Don't forget

Chudz is gone....  :thumbsu:

#51 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Don't forget

Chudz is gone....  :thumbsu:

Mike Shula was one of my coach when i won the superbowl..

On NFL Headcoach 2007

This is a good omen !

#52 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

Mike Shula was one of my coach when i won the superbowl..

On NFL Headcoach 2007

This is a good omen !

I think Shula will do great.

His background as an offensive coordinator is having a solid running game.  Yet he coached the past two season in a high powered big play offense.  We kept Chudinski's big play playbook, feed in his running game. This offense should put up points but be good enough to control the clock as well. 

The best part about it is, We have the tools for both.  We have double, triple and maybe quadruple trouble with William, Stewart, Tolbert and Barner at running back.  All are average or better at receiving the ball, as well.  Smith, LaFell, Olsen and whoever steps up will be more than adequate in the receiving department.

If we come out of the gates fast this year.  We will be the story of 2013.  Sadly we'll lose Shula too if we do.

#53 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

I'm very excited about what Cam will do this year in a more traditional offense. 

#54 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

The topcats excite me.

My memo to Roger Goodell:

Dear Mr. #1 hated man in New Orleans (Nawlins),

You have recently asked how the in-stadium experience can be improved to entice more people to see the games played in person instead of watched on TV. May I suggest that poles be installed where the cheerleaders dance?

This would be a win-win-win for all. Increased attendance, happier fans, and the cheerleaders will get tips.

#55 nationsford

nationsford

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I feel like the whole team is ready for prime time ... Everyone including the special team is ready... This gonna be an exciting year!!

#56 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Stats tell you what you want them to. Peppers last three years here resulted in 27.5 sacks, 13 FFs, 3 INTs and 106 solo tackles. Johnson had 33 sacks, 9 FF, 0 INTS, and 111 solo tackles.

Peppers had 37 hurries in 2012 and Johnson had 50. BTW- Peppers had a bigger cap hit his last 3 years versus Johnson despite Johnson's contract.

This is fun. Too bad none of those numbers mean squat really. Who cares what numbers Peppers had in the past versus Johnson now.

What Pep did in Chi is irrelevant....

Issue was why is it okay to judge the Carolina Peppers by one criteria and Johnson by another.

#57 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

What Pep did in Chi is irrelevant....

Issue was why is it okay to judge the Carolina Peppers by one criteria and Johnson by another.

First of all I don't think i was doing the judging.  But even then each player is judged based on potential and production. Why do we judge newton by one standard and Clausen by another?

Like Udogg said, Peppers was the second player in the draft and had unlimited athletic talent which he only used some of the time.  Johnson is a third rounder who is actually overachieving based on what we thought about him.  Much like Hardy as well. 

Peppers was a great player for us.  Johnson is a great player for us.  Your point??

#58 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

First of all I don't think i was doing the judging. But even then each player is judged based on potential and production. Why do we judge newton by one standard and Clausen by another?

Like Udogg said, Peppers was the second player in the draft and had unlimited athletic talent which he only used some of the time. Johnson is a third rounder who is actually overachieving based on what we thought about him. Much like Hardy as well.

Peppers was a great player for us. Johnson is a great player for us. Your point??

I was talking in general terms....how our collective fanbase judged Peppers.

We don't judge Clausen and Newton the same bc they aren't both viewed as top tier QBs.

Where he was drafted is irreverent to this....Peppers and Johnson became what they became. We paid them to be elite DEs. Draft placement then doesn't matter. You are judging elite DEs and guys with those contracts .....totally different discussion than a rookie WR in the first vs sixth.

My point? Johnson needs to be more consistant with elite DE production to justify his paycheck.....10 games without a sack (and if I recall Rivera even slightly calling him out early).....

#59 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,723 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I was talking in general terms....how our collective fanbase judged Peppers.

We don't judge Clausen and Newton the same bc they aren't both viewed as top tier QBs.

Where he was drafted is irreverent to this....Peppers and Johnson became what they became. We paid them to be elite DEs. Draft placement then doesn't matter. You are judging elite DEs and guys with those contracts .....totally different discussion than a rookie WR in the first vs sixth.

My point? Johnson needs to be more consistant with elite DE production to justify his paycheck.....10 games without a sack (and if I recall Rivera even slightly calling him out early).....

Why do you keep quoting me then if you are talking in general terms??  Talk to the general.

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Why do you keep quoting me then if you are talking in general terms?? Talk to the general.

You quoted me first...which would imply you then wanted a response to my general terms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com