Photo
- - - - -

TD hyped about the defense/Beason (per Sorensen of the Observer)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,102 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

“I think just given the pieces that we’ve added, getting guys back off of injury, we can definitely compete for that No. 1 spot in the league,” Davis said. He added that he thought the Panthers’ linebacker corps could not only be the best in Carolina history but also be the best linebacking unit in the NFL in 2013.

One key quote from Davis on Beason:

“I’m very excited about Jon Beason this year,” Davis said during his speech. “He’s moving around just as fast if not faster than he was before he got injured. And I wouldn’t be standing here telling you guys that if I didn’t see it firsthand.”

Now, we have both TD and Chico confirming that Beason looks as good as ever. According to Davis, he ain't blowing sunshine up our collective asses (so to speak) regarding Beason.  So perhaps a little optimism is warranted (particularly with G-man's comments at the end of minicamp).

BTW, Davis was a fill-in for Herschel Walker who was already in Charlotte when Walker learned his father had died back in Georgia (so, regards to the Walker family).

#2 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

nice fluff piece.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

Sorenson has really stepped it up since fugging up that NASCAR/Star/Kawann article.

Good read.

#4 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,649 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Recycled from 2011 and 2012

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

If TD makes the distinction of differentiating our 4-3 scheme versus a previous 3-4 scheme then they could be the best 4-3 corps we have had.  But I think that the 1996 linebacker group of Mills, Greene, Lathon and Bailey were better than this  group will end up being.

#6 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I hate to sound like that guy, but, this is not new news. Been reported, or tweeted, quite often already that Beast looked like his old self during minicamp.

Sheew, that felt good.

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

I wanted to be the one to rip on people for calling this story fluff or dismissing it completely but.... I do remember hearing this before. I know we added kuechly but TD and Beason have been on the field together for what 8 games in the last few years? I really need to see this happen before I get too excited. To be honest though I have a raging "on paper" boner right now.

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,102 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I hate to sound like that guy, but, this is not new news. Been reported, or tweeted, quite often already that Beast looked like his old self during minicamp.

Sheew, that felt good.

Point taken, but it has been a long time that anyone in our organization has even whispered that our defense could realistically fight for the number one spot. Yes, it's fluff, and all speculation at this point, but it speaks to this year's level of expectation and optimism for the defense without being totally outlandish in my opinion (like a full page ad in the paper).  Take this in concert with G-man's comments on the team as a whole, and Cam in particular, I believe that everyone seems more sober-minded and serious this year about getting "it" done.  

#9 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

Beason and Davis will be healthy the whole season and with the litle boy and the 4 big guys they will open the road to the superbowl.

#10 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'm excited about this Defense folks. It seems like it is taking forever for football season to get here.

#11 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

We've been hearing this for 3 years.  Until they actually prove anything, they really should stop saying they can be great.  How about actually being great first.

#12 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Sorenson has really stepped it up since fugging up that NASCAR/Star/Kawann article.

Good read.

That was actually Steve Reed.

#13 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm more worried about our 2 olb than the dbs at thus point.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,642 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

That was actually Steve Reed.

Well in that case, Steve Reed still sucks.

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

It's June. Regarding the Panthers you're either going to get a fluff piece or a write up about one of the player's arrests, so you best be happy to read fluff pieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com