Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

TD hyped about the defense/Beason (per Sorensen of the Observer)

24 posts in this topic

We've been hearing this for 3 years.  Until they actually prove anything, they really should stop saying they can be great.  How about actually being great first.

Sorenson has really stepped it up since fugging up that NASCAR/Star/Kawann article.

Good read.

That was actually Steve Reed.

I'm more worried about our 2 olb than the dbs at thus point.

That was actually Steve Reed.

Well in that case, Steve Reed still sucks.

It's June. Regarding the Panthers you're either going to get a fluff piece or a write up about one of the player's arrests, so you best be happy to read fluff pieces.

2 people like this

Maybe TD hasn't looked at our schedule yet?

if this year's defense is as good as it seems and our offense continues to put up big scores, as Dr. Suess would say, "oh, the places you will go!" Damnit Man! Can the season get here already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready for some football :)

1 person likes this

Point taken, but it has been a long time that anyone in our organization has even whispered that our defense could realistically fight for the number one spot. Yes, it's fluff, and all speculation at this point, but it speaks to this year's level of expectation and optimism for the defense without being totally outlandish in my opinion (like a full page ad in the paper).  Take this in concert with G-man's comments on the team as a whole, and Cam in particular, I believe that everyone seems more sober-minded and serious this year about getting "it" done.

I know we were all disappointed with the way things went down last year with regards to Beast. Most of us thought he would be back, and be Beastly, last year. However, that didn't happen. But, things appear different this year. Beast is on the field, for mini camps. He is ready to go both mentally and physically. He will be full go during TC this year.

That is huge.

Anyone else notice Gantt pooing all over this via twitter?

Darin Gantt@daringantt19 Jun

Have opponents agreed to not pass? RT @theobserver: Thomas Davis says Panther D could be best in NFL in 2013 http://dlvr.it/3XjvVq

PS

I think our LB corps should get a new set of nicknames as per my avatar!

Gantt just gives a dose of reality. It is why people get irked by him.