543 replies to this topic

#466 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

hey mods find this clown's OP address and track down his identity so we can post it and laugh at him and shame him and thus make social progress

No dude, we need to protect people's rights to flaunt their ignorant opinions wherever they please

#467 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

the OP is about the reaction from fans. JR and a gay NFL player are comparable in that context. Their plights are obviously different because one is discrimination towards race and the other sexuality. i don't understand how people are not getting this.

i understand the op, but to say the fans reaction would be comparable is based off your assumption. there are many gay players(most have not identified themselves) but have established themselves in their sport before coming out.compared to Robinson who was the only Black man playing in the major who had to establish himself is different.

#468 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,646 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

i understand the op, but to say the fans reaction would be comparable is based off your assumption. there are many gay players(most have not identified themselves) but have established themselves in their sport before coming out.compared to Robinson who was the only Black man playing in the major who had to establish himself is different.

but the op is about a gay player being out. not hiding. that is why the reaction would be comparable. Because they would both be dealing with bigoted fans.

#469 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

You're not the only one apparently. I personally feel that this problem/perception stems from a bigoted perspective. 

speaking for myself, i hate ignorance. people just need to accept that their is a large diverse world out here, so people are different. who cares what a person sexual preferences is.

#470 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,095 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not sure about Jackie Robinson comparisons there. An individual can't hide ones race....

I think there are a number of players who would take issue with a gay teammate, unfortunate but true.

In most cases it's not very easy to hide that someone is gay either.

#471 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

but the op is about a gay player being out. not hiding. that is why the reaction would be comparable. Because they would both be dealing with bigoted fans.

i still cannot see it bigoted fans in 2013= bigoted fans in 1960.no way, today's society would not accept half of the stuff that happened then to occur now.

#472 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,646 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

i still cannot see it bigoted fans in 2013= bigoted fans in 1960.no way, today's society would not accept half of the stuff that happened then to occur now.

How i envisioned this was the fans on gamedays at the stadium.  Read through this thread and you can see what kind of bigoted fans there are. I can understand your point.  If someone was out before entering the NFL would be more comparable to JR fan reaction wise. But a player coming out while having already established a career is different.

#473 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,404 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

In most cases it's not very easy to hide that someone is gay either.

My point was, not all gay athletes are going to be all out there and make it completely obvious they are gay. Until they "come out", most teammates may never have thought twice about the possibility and are actually surprised.

Jackie Robinson didn't have the option of pretending not to be black. Not to mention the era he lived in.

Regardless hate is hate, and while we have come a good ways, we are still very far off.

#474 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'll bet every bigot in this thread who thinks being gay is a perversion also doesn't believe in evolution.

Christianity. Not even once.

#475 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I understand this to a degree. While there are bigots in the year 2013 we have for the most part made giant strides in that area since the 60's. If a openly gay athlete would've came out in that era, it would've been awful for him. But in this day in time there would be fans and player who would dislike it. But not a loppsided precentage like 50 years ago.

#476 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationIn yo moma

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Well dumbass when you think of religion do you nit think of God?

Hey, dumbshit, it's not in any of our founding documents. Unless you're speaking of the "Declaration of Independence", in which case it only further proves your idiocy as it's not a "founding" document, much less a legal document of any sort.

God is NOT mentioned in the constitution AT ALL.

#477 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,614 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

What the fug are you babbling about? Christianity isn't mentioned in the constitution much less God. Christianity, God, and Jesus are in no way part of our founding documents. They are in no way praised, referenced, or invoked. To argue otherwise is plain ignorance.

#478 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,739 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

does your religion say anything about swearing at people?

#479 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

does your religion say anything about swearing at people?

Technically he's cursing at you. Swearing is like stubbing your toe and screaming, fug, poo, asspony, ballhair.

#480 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,205 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'll bet every bigot in this thread who thinks being gay is a perversion also doesn't believe in evolution.

Christianity. Not even once.

*cough* Some of us are a bit more well-informed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com